+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help in sponsoring my husband

aviatormumtaz

Jun 13, 2009
Hi There!

I would appreciate if someone could advise me about my sponsored case as permanent resident . I returned to Canada from Pakistan after marriage and sponsored my husband in May 2008.As i was pregnant ,i was doing part time job and my financial status was not strong which is still the same due to my newly born baby. Immigration officer were demanding prove of strong financial status and i was not able to give them.Now my case is still pending although i have already taken the help of PM.My question is
1.It is not possible for me to show my financial position strong as I'm living alone with my newly born baby.How can i get favor on humanitarian basis ?
2.As my case is pending in Islamabad high commission ,how can i make it fast other than PM help.
I need my husband immediately to take care of me and my baby ,so please help me in this regard
Asshi

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
look there are no finacial requirment to sponsor your spouse

i would suggest waiting to see the out come of your file and then lets say its rejected then appeal under humanitarian comp grounds

I dont understand why they would ask for strong finacial proof but anyways i would hasve that looked into because it doesnt sound right

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What did your MP say?

Unfortunately, I think there is little that you can do other than to keep trying to get help from your MP.

As said, there is no financial requirement necessary when you are sponsoring your spouse. But you have already been approved as his sponsor since the application has been forwarded to Islamabad. Now they are processing your husband's part of the application.

Sorry, that must be a difficult situation to have a new baby and not have your husband to help you. I hope you have some friends or family that you can count on. Best of luck to you.

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
I think what they want to know is how are you surviving in Canada alone? Is your husband supporting you? What they are probably concerned about is using welfare or when your husband arrives you will need welfare. I would get help from your MP and see what is exactly holding them up.. Here's another thing.. if they made such a request to you and you chose not to respond to them .. they could refuse your application on these grounds. So I would advice you to give them something to reassure them that you are sustaining yourself and awaiting your husbands arrival..

Zainee

May 25, 2009
I am so sorry to hear this. Why do they need financial proof ? Hope you get through this quickly. Good luck.