+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help in showing Canadian Work Experience for Express Entry

cain1888

Sep 26, 2016
Hi everyone,

Here is my situation. I am planning to apply for express entry in 2016. I have 1.5 years of work experience in Canada out of which 0.5 years of experience doesn't fall under NOC 0, A and B. In addition that 0.5 yrs of experience was through recruitment agency so I was working on a contract basis for another company. The rest 1 year experience is a full time job under NOC Code B which makes me qualify for PR. My questions are as follows:

1. Do I need to show 0.5 yrs of contract experience while creating express entry profile which doesn't fall under NOC 0, A and B?

2. If yes then while showing my contract work in express entry profile should I mention it as a "self employed" work?

3. From who should I get employment reference letter? From recruitment agency or the company I worked for?

Will appreciate your help!

Thanks a bunch :)

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
cain1888 said:
Hi everyone,

Here is my situation. I am planning to apply for express entry in 2016. I have 1.5 years of work experience in Canada out of which 0.5 years of experience doesn't fall under NOC 0, A and B. In addition that 0.5 yrs of experience was through recruitment agency so I was working on a contract basis for another company. The rest 1 year experience is a full time job under NOC Code B which makes me qualify for PR. My questions are as follows:

1. Do I need to show 0.5 yrs of contract experience while creating express entry profile which doesn't fall under NOC 0, A and B?

2. If yes then while showing my contract work in express entry profile should I mention it as a "self employed" work?

3. From who should I get employment reference letter? From recruitment agency or the company I worked for?

If the work experience is not skilled, it does not count and you must leave it off of your profile. You do not need to get a letter.

If you get an ITA later, and complete the application, you will need to include it in your Background Information. The agency is your employer.

cain1888

Sep 26, 2016
Thank you jes_ON. Appreciate your help!

Another quick question. I guess it applies to education as well. I have Masters degree in Canada and also from India. However I do not have evaluation from WES for my Indian Masters Degree. Should I also get rid of it while creating express entry profile and show it in the background info? I believe it won't affect my score because I will get points for Master's degree in Canada anyways. Right?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
cain1888 said:
Another quick question. I guess it applies to education as well. I have Masters degree in Canada and also from India. However I do not have evaluation from WES for my Indian Masters Degree. Should I also get rid of it while creating express entry profile and show it in the background info? I believe it won't affect my score because I will get points for Master's degree in Canada anyways.
You won't get any extra points for two masters degrees, so you can safely leave it off of your profile and only list your Canadian master's degree.