+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help in determining the eligibility for IELTS.. Please.

msk10

Sep 28, 2014
Hi

I received my IELTS score as mentioned below:
L: 7.0
Reading:7.0
Writing: 7.5
Speaking: 5.5
Overall : 7.0

Please suggest the eligibility as I guess we need to have min 6 in each band.

Do I have option iof speaking to IELTS authority for the correction/reevaluating the score as I am not able to digest the score given for speaking.

Thanks
MSK

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
msk10 said:
Hi

I received my IELTS score as mentioned below:
L: 7.0
Reading:7.0
Writing: 7.5
Speaking: 5.5
Overall : 7.0

Please suggest the eligibility as I guess we need to have min 6 in each band.

Do I have option iof speaking to IELTS authority for the correction/reevaluating the score as I am not able to digest the score given for speaking.

Thanks
MSK
You are ineligible because like you said, a minimum of "6" in all four categories is a requirement. Must improve your speaking.

You could request to have your speaking remarked but you'll have to contact your ielts office and check what your options are.

http://www.ieltsessentials.com/results/request_a_re-mark.aspx

* you must request for remark within 6 weeks of your results

msk10

Sep 28, 2014
Thanks Jhonny for your feedbak however I would like to mentiom that I found reevaluation a time consuming activity. Website says it takws 8-10 weeks. Next available test date is nov 22 which is going to waste my time as I need to file the application before dec 31when the new express entry system is enforced..

Could u pls suggest some alternate..
Thanks

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
msk10 said:
Thanks Jhonny for your feedbak however I would like to mentiom that I found reevaluation a time consuming activity. Website says it takws 8-10 weeks. Next available test date is nov 22 which is going to waste my time as I need to file the application before dec 31when the new express entry system is enforced..

Could u pls suggest some alternate..
Thanks
Re-take the test, possibly at a different location if the date is closer. If not, retake it on November 22nd.