+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help in choosing College in Canada

abhi92s

Dec 7, 2015
Hi Guys,

I am an Indian and wanting to study in Canda and settling their further. I did my Engg. in Computer Science with 7.0. IELTS score is 7.

I am looking for good courses in IT with no programming for 2years and place where part time jobs are available. Could anyone suggest me some decent colleges where there's good balance between work and study???

I came to know of lambert college and course is Information Technology Professional?
Wireless Networking from Fleming college?
Are these course okay?

Let me know.

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
abhi92s said:
Hi Guys,

I am an Indian and wanting to study in Canda and settling their further. I did my Engg. in Computer Science with 7.0. IELTS score is 7.

I am looking for good courses in IT with no programming for 2years and place where part time jobs are available. Could anyone suggest me some decent colleges where there's good balance between work and study???

I came to know of lambert college and course is Information Technology Professional?
Are these course okay?

Let me know.
most of colleges and studies in Canada are almost same. If u r planning to get admission and later settle in Canada then u really needs immigration consultant who can guide u provincial future prospects, after gradation where u can apply for residency.

abhi92s

Dec 7, 2015
Thanks for reply. I just want to know for now which college i should choose.
Is Lambert with Information Technology Professional can get me a decent job after graduation?

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
abhi92s said:
Thanks for reply. I just want to know for now which college i should choose.
Is Lambert with Information Technology Professional can get me a decent job after graduation?
again my reply is similar, all colleges are ok, u r looking short term for job, which u can find with any college degree. There is no any college which offers degree which r not accepted by the companies.
All u need to think about job + after job immigration.
At the end this is one of good colleges. If u can get admission try it , do not delay

abhi92s

Dec 7, 2015
Thanks again. My planning is that I have cleared IELTS and all my documents are ready. Now I am looking for good options. I also came to know about Conestoga College in Kitchener for Business Analysis Course.
My question are :

What's scope of BA in Canada ?
Are their Part time jobs available for students in Kitchener ?

OR

I should look for Colleges in Central Ontario for better College and part time opportunities?

Thanks in Advance for help.

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
What's scope of BA in Canada ? YES this is in demand but not too much

Are their Part time jobs available for students in Kitchener ? yeah every where but only with minimum pay means $10.25 per hour and not related to your work, only in Mcdonalds, Tim hortons etc.

should look for Colleges in Central Ontario for better College and part time opportunities?
All colleges are good just check which college will accept your application.

Komal Gupta

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
abhi92s said:
Hi Guys,

Are these course okay?

Let me know.
Hi, you should look for a university.
If you are looking for the college then you can choose Northern Lights College, Langara College in BC too

VIKASBAGLE

Star Member
Dec 10, 2015
Gujarat India
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/07/16
Greetings ;
i have a similar profile lke you if you have some suggestions for me let me know .
I am from Gujarat and i got 6.5 IELTS [ L=7 ; R=5.5; W=6.5 S=6.5 ] now.
my profile is as below
10th = 70.31% GSEB
12th = 62 % GSHEB 2012 (external exam)
Diploma = 7.5 CGPA (Gujarat Technological University) 2012 cleared with 11 backlogs
Degree = 6.7 CGPA (Gujarat Technological University) 2015 cleared with 10 backlogs
now my question is want to apply for colleges of Toronto for post graduation or diploma what to choose ? which is best ?
and as i have mentioned i have 11 backs in diploma does it will effect visa procedure ?
i am looking forward for Networking courses in colleges like centennial and many other like them ?
so please suggest me the best advises .
thanks you .. Smiley

shubham710

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Toronto
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Yes
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
4 December 2013
LANDED..........
19 December 2013
Hello abhi

Since you are looking for courses without programming . I will suggest you to have a look on Humber,centennial computer network support technician diplomas . Which mostly deals with networking or if i would be on your place i will look for something with COOP like this (https://academics.sheridancollege.ca/programs/information-technologies-support-services/courses) but remember these are post secondary diplomas. If you have good financial background go for Masters.

best of luck

abhi92s

Dec 7, 2015
Thanks shubham710 for replying. I want to take a course that would help me in getting a decent job. I heard that working while studying in an University is very difficult that's why I am opting for PG certificate. what's your opinion on this ?

shubham710

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Toronto
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Yes
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
4 December 2013
LANDED..........
19 December 2013
Yeah its good idea to choose PG certificate but the reason i wont recommend PG certificate is that most of them are of 1 year(correct me if i am wrong) which will give you PGWP of one year only where as with two year program , you will get 3 years and its much easier to apply for further immigration if you have decent amount of time after graduation. Yeah but in your case, you already have Bachelors, post secondary diploma can end up with refusal .

Best of luck

abhi92s

Dec 7, 2015
I am looking for Post Graduate Certificate Program in conestoga college. It is of 2 Years and it will provide knowledge related to Business Analyst. Let me know if it's good or not ? Will my visa be accepted for this since I belong to IT stream and BA is an IT field.

Thanks

shubham710

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Toronto
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Yes
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
4 December 2013
LANDED..........
19 December 2013
Program sounds good but i will recommend you to add SOP explaining the relation between your program and whatever you have done in Bachelors like how it can help you to achieve your future goals.

Cheers

javier1991

Dec 23, 2015
Hello I can help you with all your needs; please tell me what info you would like to know. Also, at the moment Montreal is the best place to study in Canada (Low Tuition Fees; you can save over $8000 in savings.) Best of all you get to choose weekend classes (Saturday & Sunday) you will still earn your 2 or 3 year diploma just have to attend classes on the weekends; Moreover, in Toronto & other cities you would have to study 5 days a week, but here in Montreal you only have to attend classes on the weekend. This is a great way to earn money for your future semester & other expenses. Also, Montreal is cheap overall compared to other bigger cities (Toronto & Vancouver) you're coming to Canada to get your PR & stay here for good so choose the right path & contact me for any additional info. You can apply for PR in Montreal once you complete your first semester; where in other provinces you would have to complete your 2 full years. So before, you even finish school in Montreal you will have your files for your PR submitted and ready to get your PR and move forward in life in CANADA !

Thank you,

shubham710

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Toronto
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Yes
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
4 December 2013
LANDED..........
19 December 2013
lol Rehill consultants ....
javier1991 said:
Hello I can help you with all your needs; please tell me what info you would like to know. Also, at the moment Montreal is the best place to study in Canada (Low Tuition Fees; you can save over $8000 in savings.) Best of all you get to choose weekend classes (Saturday & Sunday) you will still earn your 2 or 3 year diploma just have to attend classes on the weekends; Moreover, in Toronto & other cities you would have to study 5 days a week, but here in Montreal you only have to attend classes on the weekend. This is a great way to earn money for your future semester & other expenses. Also, Montreal is cheap overall compared to other bigger cities (Toronto & Vancouver) you're coming to Canada to get your PR & stay here for good so choose the right path & contact me for any additional info. You can apply for PR in Montreal once you complete your first semester; where in other provinces you would have to complete your 2 full years. So before, you even finish school in Montreal you will have your files for your PR submitted and ready to get your PR and move forward in life in CANADA !

Thank you,