+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help in applying closed work permit after PNP approval

goravca

Dec 23, 2020
Hi

I need help in applying closed work permit, PNP already approved and PR paper file sent 1 month ago. No file number yet.
Me and my spouse is on PGWP and OWP. Can any body please help me in going through the questioner and provide me the list what i need?

How to get support letter from PNP office? what i need from my employer?

Here is the questioner i tried to follow, please let me know if i am missing anything or doing something wrong.

I highlighted the few question in red color,
As i sent my PR paper file one month ago but not received the File number yet, so should i choose YES or NO in first red highlighted question.
In second highlighted question i choose YES, please correct if i am wrong.

I also highlighted some options in second section. I have no idea what to upload in these fields and where to upload $230 payment work permit few confirmation code?

Review your answers
What would you like to do in Canada?
Work

How long are you planning to stay in Canada?
Temporarily - more than 6 months

Select the code that matches the one on your passport.
IND (India)

What is your current country/territory of residence? If you are presently in Canada, you should select Canada.
Canada

Do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older?
No

What is your date of birth?
January 1, 1990

Are you a lawful permanent resident of the United States with a valid U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) number?
No

What is your current immigration status in Canada?
Worker

Does one of the following apply to you?

I am subject of a removal order that is unenforceable
I applied for a study or work permit before entering Canada which was approved, but not issued at a port of entry; or
... etc
I am a student who has completed a program of study that is a prerequisite to my enrolment at a designated learning institution with visitor status in Canada; or
I applied for permanent residence and was found eligible (first stage approval) under one of the following classes:
Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada
Humanitarian and Compassionate cases
Protected Persons in Canada
Live-in Caregiver in Canada

No

Are you a spouse, common-law partneror dependent child of a person who:
Holds a Work Permit for a job in National Occupation Classification O, A, B;
Holds a study permit and is a full-time student at a university, community college, CÉGEP or other authorized educational institution;
Holds a Temporary Resident Permit that is valid for six months or more;
.... etc
No

Are you a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who is:

a foreign government officer in Canada on an exchange agreement
a military personnel assigned to Canada
a participant in professional sports activities or events
..... etc
No

Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?
No

Have you submitted a permanent resident application in Canada?
Yes

Do you have a written job offer?
Yes

What is your marital status?
Married

What is your province of destination? If visiting multiple provinces, select the one in which you will be spending most of your time.
Manitoba

Are you accompanying a family member who has status in Canada?
Yes

When does your status in Canada expire?
March 25, 2021

Which option best describes your work situation?
I'm a provincial nominee certificate holder

Have you had a medical exam performed by an IRCC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months?
No

Have you lived in a designated country or territory for more than six months in the last year?
No

Do you want to work in one of the following jobs?
health sciences worker
clinical laboratory worker
patient attendant in nursing or geriatric homes
medical student admitted to Canada to attend university
...... etc
No

Do you want to submit an application for a family member?
Yes

What country does your family member live in?
Canada

Which country issued your family member's passport or travel document?
IND (India)

Is your family member a permanent resident of the United States who has an alien registration card (Green Card) or other proof of permanent residence?
No

What is your family member's current marital status?
Married

What is your family member's date of birth?
January 1, 1990

Where will your family member be staying in Canada?
Manitoba

What is your family member`s current immigration status in Canada?
Worker

What does your family member want to do in Canada?
Apply for or extend an open work permit

Does your family member want to restore their status in Canada?
Yes

Has your family member had a medical exam performed by an IRCC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months?
No

Is your family member staying in Canada for more than 6 months AND has lived in one or more designated countries or territories for more than six months in the last year?
No

Does your family memberwant to work in one of the following jobs?
health sciences worker
clinical laboratory worker
patient attendant in nursing or geriatric homes
medical student admitted to Canada to attend university
medical elective and physician on short term assignment
...... etc

No

In the past 10 years, has your family member given their fingerprints and photo (biometrics) for an application to come to Canada?
Yes

There are fees associated with your family member's application. Will you be paying your family member's fees, or is your family member fee exempt?
Yes, I will be paying my family member's application fees.

Do you want to submit an application for another family member?
No

Are you giving someone access to your application?
No

In the past 10 years, have you given your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) for an application to come to Canada?
Yes

There are fees associated with this application. Will you be paying your fees or are you fee exempt?
Yes, I will be paying my application fees.

Are you able to make a digital copy of your documents with a scanner or camera?
Yes

Will you be paying your application fees online? To pay online, you can use a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, China Union Pay) or a debit card (Visa Debit, Debit MasterCard or Interac).
Yes

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Application Form(s)
1. Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker (IMM5710) (required)

Supporting Documents

1. Offer of Employment (required)
2. Provincial Nominee Program Certificate (PNC) (required)
3. Letter of Support from Province or Territory (required)
4. Passport (required)
5. Use of a Family Member Representative for Online Applications (IMM5713) (required)
6. Marriage License/Certificate (required)
7. Digital photo (required)
8. Family Member Proof of Status (required)
9. Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered (required)

Optional Documents
1. MM5802 Offer of Employment to a Foreign National LMIA-Exempt
2.. Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257)
3. Client Information

Family Members
You have told us that additional people will come to Canada with you. Please attach their documents below.
Family Member 1 -

1. Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker (IMM5710) (required)

Supporting Documents
1. Passport (required)

Optional Documents
1. Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257)
2. Client Information

Last edited:

dgrobbelaar

Mar 21, 2021
Hi, I'm in the same situation at the moment. Did you manage to extend your work permit ? And did you use your work permit support letter ?