+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help i am in a stressful situation

fahad123

Sep 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I withdrew from my university courses and enrolled at ESL program. I didn't need to enroll at ESL because i was already enrolled in undergraduate program. However i just wanted to be enrolled at some course according to new rules and then move to another province and university.
I didn't know that if i enroll at ESL i won't be allowed to do part time jobs. Please someone help me if i still do part time jobs will it affect my status ??
I am worried :(

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you continue working part time, you will be working illegally and you will be in violation of the terms of your study permit. If CIC finds out, your study permit will be canceled and you will have to leave Canada.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
fahad123 said:
:( How do they find out?
I think that now the "designated institutions" have to notify CIC about students leaving courses. See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-changes.asp
Studying while in Canada
As of June 1, 2014, all study permit holders in Canada will need to actively pursue studies. This means that:

if you hold a study permit, you must remain enrolled and make reasonable and timely progress towards completing your program; and
failing to do so could lead to your removal from Canada.
Your educational institution will report to CIC on your continued enrolment and academic status. You may also be asked by an immigration officer to provide evidence of your continued enrolment and academic status.

CanaMexi78

Oct 4, 2014
As far as I know there are English/esl classes that are full time BUT they have to be in the same designated college you plan on attending to and it should be more of a English course in preparation for college and university entrance. In this case you are allowed to work. It is matter to investigate which universities or colleges in your area provide these. Usually they can receive students every first of the month, given you will stay there until the semester starts. English for academic purposes, is the name here in Alberta, it needs to lead to a College program and it needs to be full time. Each university or college will know for sure if in their programs you are allowed to work, ask them and their advisors, don't risk it, Best of luck. ::)

awizzymoon

Sep 30, 2014
Hello Fahad
I am in same problem man. I want to drop my college man. I am in touch with other colleges in Alberta and Montreal for janaury Intake 2015.
If I drop my current college now, It will be like 80 days doing nothing and sitting idle and I think its not allowed to be idle and maintain full time student status.
By the way where did u shift. I want to follow ur same steps if you could advice.
I dont know anyone here in Canada and looking for your reply

Thanks in advance

fahad123

Sep 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yea dude its really stressful. What i have done is a big mistake because i moved to ESL just to avoid huge tution fee of university but i am now not allowed to do part time jobs.
I wanted to play a trick but the academic adviser soon came to know my intentions. Wel he was a humble guy and asked me one Simple question that Do you want PR or not ? He said if yes then complete your degree and you will earn your money back in couple of years after graduating. He kindly asked me that please don't take a wrong step otherwise you will loose your status.
I would like you to not take a wrong step and stay enrolled.
Now coming back to the main point. We want quick easy PR right ? Wel just stay enrolled and then move to Manitoba. I am thinking the same. We need to find someone from Manitoba on this forum to give us details.

duster

Aug 13, 2011
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIC Sydney Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
March 22/2019
AOR Received.
May 8/ 2019
Med's Request
Sep 10/2019
Med's Done....
Sep 24/2019
fahad123 said:
Yea dude its really stressful. What i have done is a big mistake because i moved to ESL just to avoid huge tution fee of university but i am now not allowed to do part time jobs.
I wanted to play a trick but the academic adviser soon came to know my intentions. Wel he was a humble guy and asked me one Simple question that Do you want PR or not ? He said if yes then complete your degree and you will earn your money back in couple of years after graduating. He kindly asked me that please don't take a wrong step otherwise you will loose your status.
I would like you to not take a wrong step and stay enrolled.
Now coming back to the main point. We want quick easy PR right ? Wel just stay enrolled and then move to Manitoba. I am thinking the same. We need to find someone from Manitoba on this forum to give us details.
This is what I am trying to convince you fahad. Please be focused on your current education. Your Hard work and (Allah SWT) will pay back you.I am 100% sure.
The best thing you should have done to complete you bachelors at Pakistan that you should have opted for any masters degree from Canada. After Masters you have to options of:
1) You can earn back your investment in three years of PGWP
2) After doing Masters and PGWP than there are ample opportunities of PR as compare to undergraduate degree. Like PNPs and CEC.
Please be focus on your studies and don’t go for shortcuts.

awizzymoon

Sep 30, 2014
Hello Fahad
Thanks Man
But given the condition,????//
If other college gives me admission for Jan 2015 intake, Can I drop my current programme and college and move to the other city?
Plz help