+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help for "How to file Study Permit Online"

Navdeep Singh Ghotra

Star Member
Oct 6, 2015
Can anybody who has applied for Study permit online (from India) help me with the following

1. procedure to be followed for online application
2. The Document checklist to be uploaded
3. Processing Time and fees
4. Is it better to file paper application or shall i apply online ?

p.s. I will be applying at Chandigarh VFS

Thanks in advance.

vivekheera

Dec 25, 2015
1. For online applications, you have to take the CIC's online eligibility test. After taking the test you will be given a documents checklist. You will also have to sign up on CIC and create a GC key which you will use for logging into your account in future and check the status and messages sent to you from CIC.

2. The documents checklist usually contains the options to upload your documents. I was required to submit, CIC's application form filled (IMM1294E), passport copies, photograph, proof of funds, Letter of acceptance, Letter of explanation, proof of medical exam, family information form (IMM5645E), form regarding information of spouse (IMM5409E), form regarding a representative if someone else it applying on your behalf (IMM5476E).

3. There are no processing times mentioned by CIC for online study permit application. I've submitted my application on November 1st, 2015 and still waiting for a decision as of December 26th, 2015. The processing time for a paper based application is 3 weeks at Chandigarh (according to CIC).

I would definitely recommend you to submit your application if you haven't yet, through VFS. Good luck.