+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Help filling spousal sponsorship application Plzz

Nessy

Mar 24, 2008
Hey,

In the "Application to Sponsor and Undertaking" Form. There is a question in the eligibility assessment part, where it says "If you answer no to any questions 1 to 4, you are not eligible to sponsor".

Question 4. where it says, "Do you reside in Canada and in no other Country?"

Well, here is my situation, i'm currently in Egypt, im going to Canada in 8 days. I dont think i'll be sending the application till i have a job, but i havent been in Canada since 2004 and before that from end of 2001 till 2004 i've been going back and forth. I will be in Canada at the time of sending the applications, and i'll be staying for as long as i can, but i still have a home, job, car, well a life in Egypt. My intentions are to reside in Canada if i get approved and my hubby gets his pr,except for maybe summer vacations

I dont know whether to answer "yes" or "no".??
Please help anyone, im confused.

NAZ78

Mar 23, 2008
are you a canadian citizen or resident? if citizen then it does not matter as long as you'll moving back to Canada once your case is approved. If you are resident, then you have be in Canada at the time the application is submitted and going forward to the time the sponsored person arrives to Canada.

Nessy

Mar 24, 2008
I'm a Canadian Citizen. And, what i understood from your reply is the it doesnt matter if i check yes or no?? Is that correct? What is a better answer?

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
Well, I wouldn't lie about it. Just say that you have been going back and forth.

Did you file tax returns? Because you will need to get an option C printout from CRA. If you are going to Canada. I advice you to apply for taxes asap. if you are a canadian citizen you can live in any place u want. Just show them your intentions to go back. Ie you can get a job offer, or reactivate in a university there if u have finished, etc.

Fairouz