+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help clarify some details about PGWP

justin777

Oct 13, 2015
So my status is that I am currently a first year, in my second term. My original program was to get a diploma which is two years but because of circumstances I will only able to get one year. It is still the same program just that I would be getting a certificate instead of a diploma

Here is the status, so I had two regular semesters (including this semester) with four months each, and I have a two months summer term, but I was approved for a Prior Learning Assessment making me eligible to skip it (As I know this should not affect the length of my PGWP).

After that, we will have our regular break for two months (July - August), and we will start our Fall Term in September where I plan to get my work term.

My first question is, will the regular break be included in PGWP? Since the program is technically considered as 1-year academic term, giving me 1-year and
4-months for my PGWP.

The second question is, what does CIC means for the work term to be essential? When I applied for my study visa, they approve me a work visa for
CO-OP (Which I also need to ask them about if I need to amend it since it's for the diploma?)

Anyone can clarify these things for me will greatly be appreciated. I am trying to be eligible to CEC and quite risky considering how short my PGWP is. That is why I want to explore all possible options.

Thank You Guys so much

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'll help with one question. The co-op has to be required / necessary in order for you to complete your course requirements and graduate. It sounds like the co-op was required for the diploma. If a co-op is not required for a certificate, then you no longer qualify for the co-op work permit and the co-op period won't be counted when determining the length of your PGWP.

justin777

Oct 13, 2015
scylla said:
I'll help with one question. The co-op has to be required / necessary in order for you to complete your course requirements and graduate. It sounds like the co-op was required for the diploma. If a co-op is not required for a certificate, then you no longer qualify for the co-op work permit and the co-op period won't be counted when determining the length of your PGWP.
Hi Scylla, Thanks for replying. The co-op is the same with Certificate, not required and both optional. If it is accepted will it count on determining the length of my PGWP?