+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help! Background check for dependent son.

Virgo29

Jun 10, 2017
The principal applicant has a dependent child/son who is 19 years old and not married. He is non-accompanying dependent. November of last year, CIC requested a Schedule A, police check, and medical for that non- accompanying dependent son. This week, when I contacted MP to follow up our application, they said that the background check for the dependent son has not started yet. Is this correct that they still do background check to this 19 yrs old even he is not coming to Canada at this time? If so, how long this will take and he has a clean police check. Thanks!

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Its normal to do background check for non-accompanying dependent

Non-accompanying dependant
Children who meet the definition of a dependent child but who are not immigrating to Canada along with the principal applicant. They must be listed on the principal applicant’s application for permanent residence and must be examined in order to process the principal applicant and remain eligible for sponsorship at a later date.

Most spousal sponsorship processing takes around 12 months to complete

Reactions: Virgo29

Virgo29

Jun 10, 2017
Its normal to do background check for non-accompanying dependent

Non-accompanying dependant
Children who meet the definition of a dependent child but who are not immigrating to Canada along with the principal applicant. They must be listed on the principal applicant’s application for permanent residence and must be examined in order to process the principal applicant and remain eligible for sponsorship at a later date.

Most spousal sponsorship processing takes around 12 months to complete
Hello Wakki, thank you again for your quick reply. I am just wondering why the background check for non- accompanying has not started yet while they asked the schedule A and police check almost a year ago. How long this will take? Is this the same background check they are doing to everyone even he is non- accompanying? Thanks a lot!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello Wakki, thank you again for your quick reply. I am just wondering why the background check for non- accompanying has not started yet while they asked the schedule A and police check almost a year ago. How long this will take? Is this the same background check they are doing to everyone even he is non- accompanying? Thanks a lot!
Yes, the medical, criminality and security checks are the same, accompanying or non-accompanying.

Reactions: Virgo29

mounikap

Mar 6, 2020
Hi, will there be any background checks for the employment background as my husband is worried about it. it is for a dependent student visa

mounikap

Mar 6, 2020
Hi thanks for the reply, are employment or business related checks done for the student dependent visa application?