+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEED HELP AT LAST MOMENT crossing us to canada

Cip

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
But a lot of people crossed illegally ,i even know of somone that crossed in august illegally and have gone for hearing and it was positive .i think canada is more friendly when it comes to crossing their border illegally esp when you pass tru montreal they dnt arrest the way pple are saying it they jus say it but they dnt put u in prison

gavendano

Star Member
Feb 11, 2016
But a lot of people crossed illegally ,i even know of somone that crossed in august illegally and have gone for hearing and it was positive .i think canada is more friendly when it comes to crossing their border illegally esp when you pass tru montreal they dnt arrest the way pple are saying it they jus say it but they dnt put u in prison
You are doing something that is illegal, there is no argument about that. OP has the opportunity of claiming refugee at an authorized POE, which is what he/she should do since it follows the path established by the Canadian law.

Canada is NOT more friendly towards people that cross illegally, that is a misconception. One of the reasons why Canada is so great is because people follow the law without the need of having a police officer on their back all the time. If you decide to commit an illegal act today I bet you will commit another one in the future. NOT COOL.

This forum is meant to help people that want to do the things in the correct way, it is not meant to help people "cheat" their way into Canada.

:mad::mad::mad:

Reactions: Will_PA

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Don't think people have had their refugee hearing if they crossed in August. They would have only had a hearing that determined that they were allowed to apply for asylum.

Cip

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
You are doing something that is illegal, there is no argument about that. OP has the opportunity of claiming refugee at an authorized POE, which is what he/she should do since it follows the path established by the Canadian law.

Canada is NOT more friendly towards people that cross illegally, that is a misconception. One of the reasons why Canada is so great is because people follow the law without the need of having a police officer on their back all the time. If you decide to commit an illegal act today I bet you will commit another one in the future. NOT COOL.

This forum is meant to help people that want to do the things in the correct way, it is not meant to help people "cheat" their way into Canada.

:mad::mad::mad:
Ok sorry dnt be mad

Cip

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Don't think people have had their refugee hearing if they crossed in August. They would have only had a hearing that determined that they were allowed to apply for asylum.
I know of somone very sure came in august had hearing already and was positive

AlexRox

Star Member
Nov 29, 2013
I heard the accepted rate was very low among the people who crossed the border illegally. Regardless I would advice strongly against breaking the law. Almost all the Canadians that I know are very worried about people crossing the border illegally. (In my opinion this so called "friendliness" at the border could be politically motivated and can be a dilution and reality can be different sooner or later )

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I heard the accepted rate was very low among the people who crossed the border illegally. Regardless I would advice strongly against breaking the law. Almost all the Canadians that I know are very worried about people crossing the border illegally. (In my opinion this so called "friendliness" at the border could be politically motivated and can be a dilution and reality can be different sooner or later )
The rate is quite high for some countries but much lower for others.

futurekhan

Nov 23, 2017
hI IF SOMEONE APPLY IN PORT OF ENTRY IS THERE IS STILL CHANCES THEY CAN REFUSED HIM WHILE HE IS ENTRING TO CANADA SINCE I HAVE MY SISTER IN LAW CAN I GO WITH MY WIFE WE ARE IN BUFFALO ??????

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hI IF SOMEONE APPLY IN PORT OF ENTRY IS THERE IS STILL CHANCES THEY CAN REFUSED HIM WHILE HE IS ENTRING TO CANADA SINCE I HAVE MY SISTER IN LAW CAN I GO WITH MY WIFE WE ARE IN BUFFALO ??????

As long as you have no criminal record you should be fine.

futurekhan

Nov 23, 2017
Dear Sir as my friend told me they will just take my little interview and let me go to my sister in law there job is just to let me pass and i will do my asylum inside is that true or do you know the procedure how people do asylum in bufallo port ?? please advice of course i am in USA so definatonly i dont have criminal record otherwise they should not give me visa right ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear Sir as my friend told me they will just take my little interview and let me go to my sister in law there job is just to let me pass and i will do my asylum inside is that true or do you know the procedure how people do asylum in bufallo port ?? please advice of course i am in USA so definatonly i dont have criminal record otherwise they should not give me visa right ?
There is no visa involved. You will be interviewed at the border and when it is determined that you are not a risk to Canadians, your identity has been established and it is determined that you may have grounds for asylum you will be released into throw community. You will then have yo find a lawyer and if you qualify you can apply for a work permit.

R

rish888

In a perfect world the safe third country agreement makes a lot of sense and should be enforced vigorously, but I think unfortunately the current situation in the U.S. may affect their objectivity in judging cases, not to mention asylum seekers are thrown into detention centers.

It used to be many years ago people would get a Canadian visa to cross into the U.S. (There is even a nice movie about this called Frozen River) Today the stream is going the other way. Irony is wonderful thing.

I can sympathize with those genuinely in need of protection who cross illegally, however I think many people who are otherwise safe in their home country are nonetheless crossing to "try their luck" after hearing about Canadian leniency. IMO much more should be done to prevent people not in need of protection from just waltzing in.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
In a perfect world the safe third country agreement makes a lot of sense and should be enforced vigorously, but I think unfortunately the current situation in the U.S. may affect their objectivity in judging cases, not to mention asylum seekers are thrown into detention centers.

It used to be many years ago people would get a Canadian visa to cross into the U.S. (There is even a nice movie about this called Frozen River) Today the stream is going the other way. Irony is wonderful thing.

I can sympathize with those genuinely in need of protection who cross illegally, however I think many people who are otherwise safe in their home country are nonetheless crossing to "try their luck" after hearing about Canadian leniency. IMO much more should be done to prevent people not in need of protection from just waltzing in.

I actually think a large number are arriving through the US because they were denied a Canadian TRV but we're able to get a US travel visa or already had one. They are not spending much time in the US. They seem to have quite a high approval rate. Goodale has already spoken with the US since some US embassies seem to be giving out US travel visas suspiciously easy. In general it is much harder to get a Canadian travel visa than one for the US.