+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

(Need Expert Advise Please): How can I continue my study in canada....

student2016

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Dear Sir,
Greetings....
My name is Rizwan. Please see below a brief summery about my acedamic life.

Past qualification:
University of Karachi.

B.COM ( 2 years ) in 2007.
MBA in Finance ( 2 years) in 2011.
Canadian equivalency is 4 year bachelor degree.

=============================

Currently doing a Masters degree in Applied finance from the University of wollongong in Dubai. Total courses are 12 out of which I have completed 9 courses and 3 are left.This will be my second Masters degree.

Can I transfer these credits and apply for any certificate course in finance and continue and complete this degree in canada ?

Is it ok to apply for a certificate course in finance after a masters degree if I dont want to go for a phd?

Please reply ASAP,
Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Dear Sir,
Greetings....
My name is Rizwan. Please see below a brief summery about my acedamic life.

Past qualification:
University of Karachi.

B.COM ( 2 years ) in 2007.
MBA in Finance ( 2 years) in 2011.
Canadian equivalency is 4 year bachelor degree.

=============================

Currently doing a Masters degree in Applied finance from the University of wollongong in Dubai. Total courses are 12 out of which I have completed 9 courses and 3 are left.This will be my second Masters degree.

Can I transfer these credits and apply for any certificate course in finance and continue and complete this degree in canada ?

Is it ok to apply for a certificate course in finance after a masters degree if I dont want to go for a phd?

Please reply ASAP,
Thanks.

1. You can apply, but I wouldn't hold out much hope, CIC will not see a diploma course after 2 Master degrees as a progression in your education.

Reactions: k.h.p.

student2016

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Hi

1. You can apply, but I wouldn't hold out much hope, CIC will not see a diploma course after 2 Master degrees as a progression in your education.
Thank you. So what are my options. Should I go for another masters or phd ?

student2016

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Hi

Can I transfer my o going degree in finance and continue it from Canada?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Can I transfer my o going degree in finance and continue it from Canada?
You'll need to contact the schools you are planning on attending and ask them about whether transferring your credits will be possible.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Seneca & Sheridan are not "low quality colleges" but you shouldn't go for courses which are lower than your current qualifications.

Credit transfer is unlikely but you need to check with the university you want to go to. You should look into express entry you might have enough points with a Masters.

student2016

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Seneca & Sheridan are not "low quality colleges" but you shouldn't go for courses which are lower than your current qualifications.

Credit transfer is unlikely but you need to check with the university you want to go to. You should look into express entry you might have enough points with a Masters.
Ok. Thanks.

But what if I want to study some thing new for a passion apart from my field. Like something creative such a photography or any IT related short course for one year ?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Ok. Thanks.

But what if I want to study some thing new for a passion apart from my field. Like something creative such a photography or any IT related short course for one year ?
You need to convince the immigration officer that this is your genuine intent.

student2016

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
You need to convince the immigration officer that this is your genuine intent.
Ok. So what should I show to visa officer as my returning ties ?
My parents are in usa and I am in pakistan. I just have a house. I am not doing any kind of a job presently.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Ok. So what should I show to visa officer as my returning ties ?
My parents are in usa and I am in pakistan. I just have a house. I am not doing any kind of a job presently.
The only thing you can do is to provide truthful supporting documents.

Visa officers review dozens of applicants a day. They know when you're lying or when you're being truthful.