+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need advise to bring my baby to canada

reachraj

Oct 19, 2013
Hi Seniors,

I and my wife both are PR holders. We landed in Toronto on 4th Jan 2011 and stayed there for 45 days and returned back to India. Now I am planning to move to Canada permanently and I have a new member in my family(my daughter). Can you some please advise me on how to start visa process for her?

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
First one of you must reach canada to start process .you should make sure you r eligible as pr with respect to days.

2.do upfront medicals for child

3.fill all forms include paper from dr and proofs how u can support her in canada

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
reachraj said:
Hi Seniors,

I and my wife both are PR holders. We landed in Toronto on 4th Jan 2011 and stayed there for 45 days and returned back to India. Now I am planning to move to Canada permanently and I have a new member in my family(my daughter). Can you some please advise me on how to start visa process for her?
To start the process, at least 1 of you must return to Canada, and must reside in Canada during the entire time your daughter's application is in process.

In the meantime you could apply for a TRV for your daughter to come visit Canada, however there is a chance this would be rejected since they may feel she would not leave Canada if her TRV expires and she still doesn't have PR yet.

So assuming 1 parent will need to live in Canada, and the other will need to stay with daughter in India during processing. Now the big problem I see is that you both have been outside of Canada for around 2.5 years now. Your obligation to maintain PR status is that you must reside in Canada for no less than 2-out-of-5 years. So if you or your wife stays behind in India with your daughter, it may cause your PR to be revoked if the time goes over 3 full years there.

You may need to BOTH return to Canada at some point to maintain PR obligations, and your baby may need to stay behind in India with a family member until her PR is granted, and you could only return to see her for short visits at a time. Perhaps there are H&C ways to get her a TRV in this case since a child should not be separated from her parents, but i'm not sure so others will need to advise.

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
I also going through same process but I dint apply for trv or trp or hc. But I directly applied for pr. Which visa office you will be applying

reachraj

Oct 19, 2013
reachraj said:
Hi Seniors,

Thank you all for your kind advice. I just wanted to correct my landing date as 4th Jan 2012. I have few questions

1) To sponsor I think I need to have a job first but can I sponsor on the basis of fund in my bank account?
2) Can I get all my documents attested in India and then apply from Canada?

Thanks,
Raj

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
reachraj said:
Thank you all for your kind advice. I just wanted to correct my landing date as 4th Jan 2012. I have few questions

1) To sponsor I think I need to have a job first but can I sponsor on the basis of fund in my bank account? you can sponsor even with out job and basis of funds in your acount
2) Can I get all my documents attested in India and then apply from Canada? No need to do any attestation from india if its needed you can sign on behalf of your daughter

You are eligible as pr to apply.start the process soon as ndvo takes 12 months to process application
Thanks,
Raj

reachraj

Oct 19, 2013
Thanks Ram. Do I need to bring original document (Birth certificate, passport) of my daughter along with me when I travel to Canada and apply from their?

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
Copies are enough . Dont bring passport as it should be submitted to ndvo

Dont send originals unless specifically asked for

colinmeli

Feb 6, 2012
Dear all
We are also in the process of applying for PR and sponsorship for our 2 year old daughter born outside canada.....
We are applying outland sponsership through Missisauga CPC and New delhi CIC, Can anyone tell us exactly how much fees do we have to pay...?

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
reachraj said:
Hi Seniors,

75+75 total 150 not required to pay RPRF for dependent child

Ahmed Farouk

Dec 29, 2018
Hi @ramkris reachraj
I am in a situation similar to yours. My wife and I have PR; then she will travel to our country and give birth. How can I bring my baby and How much time will the process approximately take?