+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Advise on Immigrating to Canada in mid 40s

srilatha.p

Feb 23, 2020
Hello,

I could really use some sound advise on immigration as we have been dilly-dallying with this decision for quite sometime (want to take a final call) and require your inputs. I am 43 years old and have been working as a Technical Writer and my husband is 45 years old (works in IT Sales/Marketing). We have a 13-year-old daughter (8th grade).

We were considering applying for PNP, with me as a primary. While I am aware of keeping expectations low about weather, job etc, is it wise to consider immigrating at our age?

shipping

Oct 5, 2017
Use the point calculation tool to see what the score is. The highest point to lowest range : EE federal, EE province, Oid pnp and some other new programs... Rinp...ect...u can try the job offer too. Keep the hope, keep searching....

Tejas160972

Feb 6, 2020
I recommend try for Saskatchewan - SINP. It is easier compared to other provinces. Regarding age I can say that it is never to be too late.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hello,

I could really use some sound advise on immigration as we have been dilly-dallying with this decision for quite sometime (want to take a final call) and require your inputs. I am 43 years old and have been working as a Technical Writer and my husband is 45 years old (works in IT Sales/Marketing). We have a 13-year-old daughter (8th grade).

We were considering applying for PNP, with me as a primary. While I am aware of keeping expectations low about weather, job etc, is it wise to consider immigrating at our age?
Immigrating is never easy, especially if both parents are going to land for the first time at the same time. There have been many stories of success and giving up, while other people's stories might not be yours, its best to take precautions. For instance trying to get a job before you come (very hard, but you can try). If you have support in Canada from family/friends who can support you in terms of housing etc when things are not smooth it would be great. I would not uproot the whole family if both parents are new in Canada and with no jobs, you can do the landing, then one can stay behind, try to find work, and the rest of the family can go back home and join later.

srilatha.p

Feb 23, 2020
Use the point calculation tool to see what the score is. The highest point to lowest range : EE federal, EE province, Oid pnp and some other new programs... Rinp...ect...u can try the job offer too. Keep the hope, keep searching....
Thank you for the feedback, will look up the programs you mentioned online.

srilatha.p

Feb 23, 2020
Immigrating is never easy, especially if both parents are going to land for the first time at the same time. There have been many stories of success and giving up, while other people's stories might not be yours, its best to take precautions. For instance trying to get a job before you come (very hard, but you can try). If you have support in Canada from family/friends who can support you in terms of housing etc when things are not smooth it would be great. I would not uproot the whole family if both parents are new in Canada and with no jobs, you can do the landing, then one can stay behind, try to find work, and the rest of the family can go back home and join later.
Thank you for the tips. I agree, the idea of uprooting the whole family and getting into unknown territory is scary. As you mentioned, we will be traveling for the first time and we do not have any support in terms of family/friends in Canada. Will keep your advise in mind.