+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEED ADVICE/SUGGESTIONS FOR L.M.O ELIGIBILITY

jimmy.s

Jun 11, 2014
HELLO EVERYONE,

i am on post grad work permit in Canada working in SK from 1 year as a food n beverage server. My work permit is expiring on 30 July 2014. Due to the ban of lmo in food industry i was unable to apply for it and now my work permit is about to expire. Now,

1) i am getting job (next week) in mobile accessories/repairing store in SK, owner is willing to support for lmo. can i get lmo for the position of that store manager? is this ( mobile accessories/repairing store) category under banned NOC list? & what are requirement for the owner (if we apply under Post Grad work permit LMO)

2)as my work permit is expiring in 5 weeks, and i still not started my new work, so will i able to make it on time?

3) (Before hearing about this new job) i am about to apply for Temporary visa extension for 3-4 months for touring purpose so i can stay bit more in Canada for few more months before i leave Canada permanently, so in case suppose if i get delay to get new job (mobile shop) and by that time i already applied for visa extension (TRV), still am i eligible to apply for lmo & work permit extension by that time?

As i don't have much time and i have to take quick decision which might affect my life, your valuable inputs will be appreciated.

Please & Thank you.

TeddyXYZ

Star Member
Oct 1, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2013
LANDED..........
18-06-2014
1) Yes it's banned. I'm not sure what NOC would you have but if it's (0621 Retail Trade Manager, 0611 Sales, Marketing and Advertising Managers, 0651 Other Services Managers) then there is no chance.

2) No. LMO process takes at least 12 weeks and now I heard people waiting 16 weeks or even more.

3) I didn't really get that question.

Why u didn't apply for PR under SINP?

jimmy.s

Jun 11, 2014
TeddyXYZ said:
1) Yes it's banned. I'm not sure what NOC would you have but if it's (0621 Retail Trade Manager, 0611 Sales, Marketing and Advertising Managers, 0651 Other Services Managers) then there is no chance.

2) No. LMO process takes at least 12 weeks and now I heard people waiting 16 weeks or even more.

3) I didn't really get that question.

Why u didn't apply for PR under SINP?
Hi, thank you for your reply &

3) que was that if i apply for trv extenssion now and lets say i got that and later on from somewhere i get LMO so can i apply for workpermi on basis of that? (Because i will be on temporary tourist visa extenssion on that time)
&
You asked why i didnt apply for sinp, how can i apply because i worked as a food n bevarage server for one year in SK n i studied outside SK, so they are asking for 2 years of work exp who studied outside SK.
If you know any other category under which i might b elligible, please let me know.
Thank you again.

TeddyXYZ

Star Member
Oct 1, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2013
LANDED..........
18-06-2014
You will have to apply for a visitor or student visa extension since there is no basis to apply as a worker (lack of LMO). If you will find employer with LMO you will have to apply for new worker TRV.

So it's not really extension it's changing your status from PGWP to visitor but it will give you the opportunity to stay in Canada legally.

Well I was thinking about that pilot project in hospitality sector:

http://www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca/hospitality

but it's too late now.