+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEED ADVICE PLZ!! REC'D EMAIL FROM CIC RE: CRIMINAL RECORDS

MrsMorris

Dec 15, 2011
I HAVE BEEN APPROVED TO SPONSOR HUSBAND WHO LIVES IN THE USA.
CIC RECENTLY SENT AN EMAIL TO US VIA OUR LAWYER, STATING MY HUSBAND NEEDS ORIGINAL COPIES OF FBI CLEARANCE, AND ORIGINAL LETTER OF DISPOSITION ALONG WITH SPONSORSHIP FEE. WITH NO INTERVIEW NEEDED. MY LAWYER CLAIMS THAT WE NEED SOME "JUDICIAL COURT LETTER" STATING THAT HIS FINES HAVE BEEN PAID AND THE CONVICTION HAS BEEN SET ASIDE.
(HE HAD A CONVICTION SET ASIDE FOR A MINOR INCIDENT FROM 2005, NEVER BEEN IN TROUBLE BEFORE OR AFTER) WE ALREADY GAVE HER A LETTER WITH A COURT SEAL STATING THAT HE HAS NO PROBATION, PAID ALL HIS FINES AND THAT IT HAS BEEN SET ASIDE, SO MY HUSBAND WENT TO THE COURT HOUSE TODAY AND ASKED FOR THIS "JUDICIAL COURT ORDER" AND THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT SHES TALKING ABOUT. THEY KNOW NOTHING OF THIS "JUDICIAL COURT ORDER". DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT LETTER SHE COULD POSSIBLY BE TALKING ABOUT??? WE HAVE 60 DAYS TO SEND IT IN AND I AM WORRIED TO DEATH THAT WE WONT MAKE THE DEAD LINE.

WOULD THEY REALLY HAVE US PAY THE FINAL FEE AND TELL US NO INTERVIEW IS NEEDED IF THEY REALLY NEEDED THIS "JUDICIAL COURT ORDER"? COULD MY LAWYER JUST BE OUT FOR MORE MONEY? THE EMAIL DID NOT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT JUDICIAL COURT ORDER, SHE SAID SHE NEEDS 500$ MORE TO FINISH THIS SINCE WE NEEDED MORE DOCUMENTS. WE ORIGINALLY SENT IN COPIES AND NOT ORIGINALS FOR SOME STRANGE REASON.
SHOULD I JUST SEND IN WHAT I HAVE AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS??

PLZ HELP ANY ADVICE IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

MISSING MY BETTER HALF...

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
I would for sure send the original FBI clearance...that's what they asked for in the checklist....I would then try calling the visa office yourself to get answers...

That or simp,y follow what the letter states, submit the original FBI, original letter of disposition and the sponsorship fee and that should be fine...it does sound strange that your lawyer is asking for more info, and for more money.

Just curious...why didn't you guys pay the fees up front and submit the originals as per the checklist and immigrants guide?

Good luck with this.... You'll be with your better half soon! ;D

CanadiansWife

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 03, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 18, 2011
Passport Req..
Feb 23, 2012 (New Delhi recieved it March 24, 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
I agree with alf.

Ask your lawyer to send you the original letter from CIC, if you don't trust him/her Or like Alf said- call the visa office. Im not surprised that they are requesting more
Documents of the minor incident, they Just want to make sure that everything is clear on your husbands side, so I'm sure your lawyer isn't BSing.
Requesting more documents does not automatically mean that there will be an interview. But on the flip side, no one (except for your visa officer) can say 100% that there won't be an interview, not even an experienced lawyer.

MrsMorris

Dec 15, 2011
Thanks so much for the replies,
We did pay all the up front fees and I did get the original email from my lawyer yesterday, Great minds think alike!
In the email it states that "Mississauga requires your sponsor to pay your right of permanent residence fee. Please do not submit your payment to the buffalo office." That's the only fee we didn't pay because she said we have to wait for them to request it??
We sent in a copy of the FBI clearance. I do not know why our lawyer did not catch that we gave her a copy, but she is now in possession of the original of both documents they are asking for in the email.
Even though she is still adamant that we need this "judicial court order" along with the documents they are requesting. No where in the email does it say "judicial" anywhere. My husband went with the original email to the state police department and the court house in Michigan and they said what we have is what they are asking for, and there is no other documents we can get besides the ones we now have. So we paid for another certified copy of the same paperwork just in case.
My question now is... Should I just tell my lawyer to submit the paperwork we have as we think it is sufficient??

visita44

Jun 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 4, 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 27, 2011
Interview........
Mar 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2012
Your lawyer might stick to his story.. Why not submit the document yourself and save some money.. I believe your application is done coz Immigration is asking you to pay the RPRF (Right of Permanent Resident Fee) which according to you that you have paid alrady..

MrsMorris

Dec 15, 2011
They didnt receive my RPRF yet that is still on my lawyers desk with my original copies awaiting the "judicial court order" How would I go about sending it myself? What address do I send it too?
Is there an 800 number I can actually speak with a live agent?

Thanks so much!

Everyone has given me hope!

Will keep you posted

visita44

Jun 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 4, 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 27, 2011
Interview........
Mar 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2012
Well if that is the case. I guess you can tell your lawyer that you learned from a reliable source that the documents you have is enough. If he don't want to do that , I believe it's time to cut the cord with him. Then you can start a thread here and ask the people here of the telephone number or address of CIC Buffalo. There are lots of people here who applied in Buffalo. Or you search the address and contact number of Buffalo online...

Click here::: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/buffalo.asp

visita44

Jun 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 4, 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 27, 2011
Interview........
Mar 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2012
Click here pls: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/buffalo.asp

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
MrsMorris said:
In the email it states that "Mississauga requires your sponsor to pay your right of permanent residence fee. Please do not submit your payment to the buffalo office." That's the only fee we didn't pay because she said we have to wait for them to request it??
Your lawyer is wrong there. You can pay the 'right of permanent residence' fee when you submit your application, along with the other fees. In fact, most applicants do so, because it saves time. If you don't submit it with the application, then the arrival of your PR visa will be delayed by more than a month, since the visa office then has to ask for it, you have to send it, and it takes time to verify it has been paid. (As you can see for yourself in your own case.)