+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need a reply please

Dec 23, 2008
I have appllied on April.2008 for a PR from inside canada under the family calss and my wife she is Canadien she has sponsored me, Immigration told me that they need from 5 to 6 monthes to finalize the first stage and after they approved it then I will be allowed to work and study in canada, I checked with immigration for one month ago, and they told me that they need more one year to process the first stage and I am not allowed to work or study even if I wana visit my family in backhome they will close my file here in canada.

If anyone help me guys about that what can I do, they cant let me to stay ay home for one more year, what you suggest to me to do and which the best way to work and to do anything about this matter.

Thanks

chocolover

Nov 28, 2008
Hi,
The timeline for inland sponsorship can be much longer than ourland sponsorship. Until they give you first stage of approval you really can't do much but wait. You can't work or study because they wont issue permits. You may want to try to contact your MP and see if they can speed things up?? Sorry I can't be of more help. Some on this site have had their application all done very quickly, I was not so lucky. I sponsored my husband shortly after we married in March 2006. We just got the first stage of approval in Dece 2008. At one point, we actually toyed with the idea of him going back to his homeland and I sponsor him brand new from there since the wait wouuld have been shorter but we decided to stick it out together. Keep your spirits up and live happily. In my case, I think our case was not "straight forward" and hence the reason it took time. Maybe your file is also "complicated?"

chocolover

Nov 28, 2008
The MP is your Member of Parliament for the Federal Governement. In your case, it would have to be your wife wh contacts the MP to look into your file since she is the Canadian citizen. Just be aware, contacting the MP may not make any difference as in my case, we put in our application in April 2006 and by September 2006 we had not heard anything and I contacted our MP only to be told that the case takes time and that we would have to wait. I didn't follow up--and who knows maybe if I had been more aggressive I could have moved the time line for our case to be looked at even faster. At the time we put in our application the website used to say it took about a year to 15 months for the files to be processed so back then the wait time was expected to be long. From what I have read here, it moves a little faster now. EXCEPT, like I said, if the case is a kind of complicated.
Good luck. Hopefully others with more experience will give you more advice here. I am still new here and don't know or understand very much!

Dec 23, 2008
Thank you again, and I hope your application will be completed soon, and wish a best life for you, I will try to contact MP, as I was think about this.

Have a good day and keep in touch

Merci

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
Unfortunately, an MP doesn't have the power to "speed up" processing. They can only make an inquiry as to the status of processing, which will probably not get you any more information than what you already have.

You need answers as to why it's supposedly going to take up to a year for you to get through first stage approval when normally it only takes 5-6 months. Was your file transferred from Vegreville to your local CIC office for processing? Are there complications with your file, like maybe you're in Canada without legal visitor status? There has to be a reason that your case is not following normal timelines. It can help to order your FOSS notes - and your sponsor can contact the Call Centre to see whether your file has gone to the local office and, if so, what that office's timeline is.

Dec 23, 2008
Thank you so much for your good information, but I wanna explain to you the following:

1) my status till now is Visitor and i didnt lost my status before, and immigration they extended for next April.

2) we sent all the application and no missing and we are sure about that.

3) medical exam and security checks were good.

we live togather, and they transfer the application from Alberta to Winnipeg, but they didnt tell us any information just you have to wait for one more year and your application is under revu, it's means they wanna check the application for one year....................

I will do what you told me about it and if you can help me, that's great

Thank you so much

Dec 23, 2008
But I have a quastion I am in canada from where can I get the FOSS, i checked the web site and i dont understand the below:

If you are physically in Canada, you can obtain them for free under the Privacy Act.

Your help is apperciated.

Thank you

chocolover

Nov 28, 2008
Follow the link that Robsluv put in her post. The one in blue that says order your FOSS notes.
In case, you need more specific this is the link : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5563.asp
Since you are in Canada, all you have to do is fill out the form and mail it in. There is no fee.

Dec 23, 2008
Thank you for the good info, I will do that, but it's means that CIC they will give me more info, because when i check my profile at the web site they show to me when they start proccesing and when they transfer the applications to local CIC office.

I hope by this form i will have more new info.

Thanks