+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ND Work Permit Processing Time since February 2012?

sethis

Jul 26, 2012
Hi

Passport submitted to VFS Delhi - 16th Aug 2012
Passport received at Canadian High Commission - 17th Aug 2012

Awaiting further instructions.....

pvas

Sep 1, 2012
Hi,

Thanks Deep and others for sending the timeline. That kept me to wait under hope.

To my experience it is bit loaded period now and is taking 3-4 weeks after medicals, below are my Work Permit timelines:

Petition submitted to ND: 20-Jul-2012
Medicals Received: 02-Aug-2012
Medicals Completed and Submitted ack to HC: 13-Aug-2012
Received Visa for spouse and me: 31-Aug-2012

So be patient and await till you receive your visa. Generlly VFS message in web site will never disclose any information on status of whether visa is approved/ denied, all it says is about it is in transit with BlueDart courier. So wait for the envolope to bring you positive news.

Note: For medicals original passports are dispatched by High Commission by VFS which generally arrives by 2 weeks of petition submission, please don't panic.

All the best,
PVAS

sethis

Jul 26, 2012
Hi PVAS

Thanks for your timeline feed..
Processing as per the CIC website and Delhi VFS is approx 20 working days which is actually 30 days including weekends.

Going through your timeline, you application to approval was within the timeframe..

So Canadian High Commission is doing a brilliant job in regards to keeping the timelines as accurate as possible..

Congrats to you and your family.

Hopefully i get my positive feed soon..

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Timeline: Application submitted to VFS 27 June with completed Medicals and positive LMO. Reached ND VO 20 July. Passport returned, work permit denied, 13 August.

mehratm

Sep 4, 2012
Any update from VO on your visa application?
I applied on 9th Aug but no update yet

sethis said:
Hi

Passport submitted to VFS Delhi - 16th Aug 2012
Passport received at Canadian High Commission - 17th Aug 2012

Awaiting further instructions.....

sethis

Jul 26, 2012
Hi Mehratm

I havent received any correspondence from the VO as yet..
No email, no medicals request...nada..

The VFS site only mentions the logistical movement of the passport from VFS - VO and back to VFS.. not much info there to say

So still in the waiting game..

Have you applied from within Delhi or a diff state? The site mentions applications mailed from outside the VFS offices zone takes about 2 weeks to receive, filter and then forward to the Canadian High commission.

mehratm

Sep 4, 2012
I applied thru VFS Delhi only. Till last month, the processing time was only 10 days.Not sure what has happened in this month.

sethis

Jul 26, 2012
Aug - sept are normally peak months.. probably they are drowned with applications.. or backlogs from July yet to assessed.

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
Pippin said:
Timeline: Application submitted to VFS 27 June with completed Medicals and positive LMO. Reached ND VO 20 July. Passport returned, work permit denied, 13 August.
Sorry to hear that Pippin. Why did they deny the WP? Did they specify any reason?

pvas

Sep 1, 2012
Hi Senthis,

Thanks for the wishes. Hopefully you receive your medicals shortly.

I believe consulate is filled up with many requests this month and tied up, so it is taking a while. Likely many companies assignment contracts gets signed and executed during this period and people applying will be more.

Also, on any denial i believe to my thought that the passport would be released sooner and will not be kept under processing for long as yours and others in the blog waiting.

So keep the hope up and you will get your visa for sure.

All the best,
PVAS

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
RanjithP said:
Sorry to hear that Pippin. Why did they deny the WP? Did they specify any reason?
Not convinced he would leave Canada at end of the visa, despite plenty of solid ties. Did not adequately prove he had experience, despite working in same position and similar fields for 9 years. Employer would only provide job titles and not duties in reference letter.

sethis

Jul 26, 2012
Sorry to hear about that Pippin..

Why dont you look into the PNP option that is floating around.. You already have a job offer in Canada.. PNP process is much quicker than the federal process..

mehratm

Sep 4, 2012
Panic is creeping in, today is the 20th working day since they received my application but havent received any response :(
God knows how much time will they take after the meds .............