+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NBPNP: New Brunswick Skilled Workers Express Entry Category: Network Here

Nayak2

Mar 22, 2016
Rohexpentry said:
I did not receive any email apart from auto generated one. Where does it say that US sessions are not finalized? Am in US.
I have called at this number mentioned at their site 5064533981 for USA information session ,however they mentioned about location not decided yet.

Apr 12, 2016
Hi Everyone, Thanks in advance... This forum has been a big help.
As NB has started taking applications for IT sector, where few categories have been mentioned such as Software Developer, Quality Assurance Engineer, Mobile Developer and UI/UX developer.
My Express Entry profile is created under NOC 2281 (Computer Network Technician).
Can I apply under any of these categories since I have been working in Linux/Unix more as System Administrator?

maleeksha

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
PNP
Hello beogradjanin1

Thanks for helping us all in this forum. My spouse and I are both in IT and I'm awaiting for my French TEF results. I have pretty good chances with NBPNP as compared with other PNPs (due to our age :p ). My main motivation for moving out is the kids future and their education (10 and 13 yrs).
We are from a sunny tropical island and I was just thinking that NB might be too cold for us. It's less cold in Ontario (Toronto), but chances for OINP are pretty slim with 369 points. Is the winter really unbearable? :)
Which is the best city to settle and grow up in St John's, Moncton or Fredericton?
How was it like growing up in NB? What are your views on the education system?

Thanks again.
Maleeksha

beogradjanin1 said:
I do not mind sharing any kind of information with you guys. The purpose of this forum is to help each other. I would say that the job market in NB is very bad. This is the reason why people are moving out from the province and why this province is bringing immigrants here. You would almost always need a connection in order to get the job in this province. Even the school system is trying to teach students how to network and how to find connections. However, the best market for jobs is definitely in IT industry. I believe that this is the only industry besides "truck drivers" who do not need a connection in order to find the job. I live in Fredericton and I know that Fredericton is known in all Canada as a capital city of IT! For example, I graduated in the accounting field, of 14 graduates only three of us has found the job in the field and we graduated a year ago. In IT class, before students graduated they already had job offers and all of them got the job even before they got diplomas. So as an IT person I would not worry about finding the job. Good luck and if you have any other question please ask!

maleeksha

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
PNP
Hello all,

Is the open category really "open"?

Just after the description of the 2nd category, it says

"We only accept EOIs that fall under the two above categories. If the NBPNP broadens the selection process beyond these two categories, we will state it on our Express Entry web page. "

on the page EligibilityRequirements.html

What are your views? Can we still apply through the open category?

Thanks
Maleeksha

Riyaz1979

May 26, 2015
amjmyg03 said:
No, you don't need to attend the info session if you're applying through open category.
Hi there
I am planning to submit EOI under open category for Software Developer. Although my job title is Sr. Systems Analyst, software development is part of my routine job. Can I still apply under open category or not?

Please let me know.

arvindrags

Star Member
Apr 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-10-2016
Med's Done....
24-10-2016
Passport Req..
16-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2017
Riyaz1979 said:
Hi there
I am planning to submit EOI under open category for Software Developer. Although my job title is Sr. Systems Analyst, software development is part of my routine job. Can I still apply under open category or not?

Please let me know.
Hi Riyaz,

As long as you know the key languages like Java or C++ or what's mentioned in that open category page , you should be good to apply. We just need to ensure that the reference letter contains your programming experience in Java etc..also note that you document your skills properly in ur resume as well

im_a_banker

Star Member
Apr 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
27-May-2016
AOR Received.
27-Jul-2016 (CIC AOR)
Med's Request
04-Jul-2016
Med's Done....
30-Jul-2016 (Med Passed)
Passport Req..
26-Aug-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Sep-2016
LANDED..........
14-Feb-2017
maleeksha said:
Hello all,

"We only accept EOIs that fall under the two above categories. If the NBPNP broadens the selection process beyond these two categories, we will state it on our Express Entry web page. "

Thanks
Maleeksha
Hi Maleeksha. Yes, it is still open as of this moment.

webbman90

Star Member
Feb 29, 2016
Lagos
NOC Code......
Can Some attend the information session without getting an invite, and still speak to one of their immigration officers?

santocan

Star Member
Feb 27, 2016
App. Filed.......
12-08-2016
Nomination.....
12-12-2016
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
10-02-2017
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
webbman90 said:
Can Some attend the information session without getting an invite, and still speak to one of their immigration officers?
Hi Webman,

i think u must register before you can attend a session. Nobody gets an invite its just a confirmation mail after the registration. U must print that mail and then attend the session with the required documents.

S

santocan

Star Member
Feb 27, 2016
App. Filed.......
12-08-2016
Nomination.....
12-12-2016
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
10-02-2017
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
maleeksha said:
Hello all,

Thanks
Maleeksha
Hi M

Until about 2 weeks before there were only 2 categories under which anybody could apply.. I think they haven't edited the page completely but just added the 3rd category details to the end of the page. So all what was previously there still remains along with the new info.

If you think u fall under one of those 3 categories you can apply... This is what i feel...

S

ShirSri

Jun 9, 2015
Hi,

Did you guys register for Boston session or both New york & Boston information session

- Shri

Nayak2 said:
I have called at this number mentioned at their site 5064533981 for USA information session ,however they mentioned about location not decided yet.

beogradjanin1

Apr 6, 2013
maleeksha said:
Hello beogradjanin1

Thanks for helping us all in this forum. My spouse and I are both in IT and I'm awaiting for my French TEF results. I have pretty good chances with NBPNP as compared with other PNPs (due to our age :p ). My main motivation for moving out is the kids future and their education (10 and 13 yrs).
We are from a sunny tropical island and I was just thinking that NB might be too cold for us. It's less cold in Ontario (Toronto), but chances for OINP are pretty slim with 369 points. Is the winter really unbearable? :)
Which is the best city to settle and grow up in St John's, Moncton or Fredericton?
How was it like growing up in NB? What are your views on the education system?

Thanks again.
Maleeksha
Hello! Well, I believe that we are all here on this forum to help each other and to get a help from someone else. I am glad if I can give you some good advice or just to tell you how is life in NB. Weather is very cold and very bad. After the third winter in NB, I would not mind to not see a winter ever in my life. The worst thing is that I am coming from Eastern Europa, but this kind od winter I had never experienced before I moved here. However, every other place in Canada is the same except British Columbia. Temperature is going down to -30 sometimes, but I would say that average temperature during January and February is -20. Temperature is not the worst thing but snow. Maritime is known in Canada for ridiculous snow, so be prepared. Summer sometimes doesn't come so be prepared for that too. As IT person, you do not have to worry about a job. Between those three cities, I would recommend Moncton since that you speak French. That city is definitely better than Fredericton where I live and especially Saint John which I would definitely recommend you to avoid. You have more things to do in Moncton than any other city in NB and also, Shediac is only a 20 minutes drive where you can find great beaches. I would recommend you one more thing, don't over analyze this place before you move here. This is my view and my experience, your experience could be better or worst but you have to go through that. You can find a good life here but everything depends on you. So come over here first, fix all papers and then make the best choice for yourself. I did not grow up here so I cannot tell you how is it, but I believe that is easier to raise a family here than in some bigger places such Toronto. About educations, I can talk only about post-secondary education because I finish elementary school , high school and college in Europa. So universities and colleges are good, they are providing a good education but also, they would trick you a lot just to take money from you. When I say that I mean that they will start telling you how you would have great job opportunities if you finish their school and such. However, many people are leaving this province just because of the poor job market. So be smart what you chose to study! Good luck and feel free to ask.

Riyaz1979

May 26, 2015
arvindrags said:
Sure S. Anyone else who are applying under open category, please post your updates
Hi Arvind
I have applied today under open category of Software Developer; SQL. I have 78 points.
I am yet to receive any confirmation email. Also I have 1 doubt, my express entry profile is going to expire on 10th June. After creating my new profile, how should I inform NB if I receive ITA from them in next 5-6 weeks?

Regards
Riyaz