+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Native Script for ALL names? Person, Town, Company, University, etc ?

dnfire17

Jun 2, 2024
In Forms IMM 0008 5406 and 5669 it mentions at the beginning to include all names in both english and native language (Japanese in this case). Does this apply to only personal names (mother, father, etc..) or also names of towns, name of university or company i worked at in my timeline section?

It says all NAMES and company space says "Name of Company" ...

Very confusing, I assume it's only person's names since in other sections the character limit would become an issue, but I want to be sure.

Thank you.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
In Forms IMM 0008 5406 and 5669 it mentions at the beginning to include all names in both english and native language (Japanese in this case). Does this apply to only personal names (mother, father, etc..) or also names of towns, name of university or company i worked at in my timeline section?

It says all NAMES and company space says "Name of Company" ...

Very confusing, I assume it's only person's names since in other sections the character limit would become an issue, but I want to be sure.

Thank you.
As far as I'm aware only the proper names of the individuals on these forms.

Reactions: dnfire17

amberrrr20

Jul 22, 2024
Hey! Do I need to put in my own name in native language as well? I couldn't do that as the field is disabled in the website (I guess I'll have to edit my profile to show me name in native language), did you do that? Thanks

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hey! Do I need to put in my own name in native language as well? I couldn't do that as the field is disabled in the website (I guess I'll have to edit my profile to show me name in native language), did you do that? Thanks
Generally yes, you should provide your own name in native script as well. If you can't fit it in the form, attach a letter of explanation and provide the name in native script there. Doesnt' need to be long, just explain your'e providing name in native script, reference the part of the form, and the info itself.

Reactions: YVR123