+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

Elledeux

Mar 31, 2017
RN_0001 said:
Yes you are correct. Sorry, I should have specified that my suggestion was based on timing only. It would be nice, but is unlikely that you will get into the bridging program the next time they start one. So I was suggesting this because it may actually get you a BScN faster than waiting to be accepted into and to complete the Bridging program at York. I agree it's ridiculous that you would have to repeat some coursework, but I'm thinking here in terms of getting where you want to be faster.
Oh! I get it now. Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm still sorting out NNAS. I hope it gets better by the time I get to that stage. Fingers crossed!

needscoffee

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
anybody here applied to CARNA with "non-comparable" result from NNAS?
Did CARNA request additional documentation or information to continue the process of your papers?
Because I applied as well to CLPNA and they asked me to request a detailed job description from the hospital I worked in the Philippines. I'm just wondering if CARNA will do the same too.

thank you in advance!

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
needscoffee said:
anybody here applied to CARNA with "non-comparable" result from NNAS?
Did CARNA request additional documentation or information to continue the process of your papers?
Because I applied as well to CLPNA and they asked me to request a detailed job description from the hospital I worked in the Philippines. I'm just wondering if CARNA will do the same too...
CARNA is likely to request even more than that. They will likely request you to do the SEC. Detailed job description won't be enough to be considered to have met the education requirement for RN when your NNAS Advisory Report was non-comparable.

needscoffee

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
RN_0001 said:
CARNA is likely to request even more than that. They will likely request you to do the SEC. Detailed job description won't be enough to be considered to have met the education requirement for RN when your NNAS Advisory Report was non-comparable.
the SEC will be the next step of assessment in CARNA right?

is that means the CLPNA just need the detailed job description and they will give me permit to practice already? is that wht you mean RN-0001? thnx

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
needscoffee said:
the SEC will be the next step of assessment in CARNA right?

is that means the CLPNA just need the detailed job description and they will give me permit to practice already? is that wht you mean RN-0001? thnx
Yes, the SEC is likely the next step in assessment for CARNA. They wouldn't give a license with a "non-comparable" Advisory Report without futher assessment.

CLPNA might give you a license to practice if the information in your advisory report plus the information about your nursing work experience satisfies them in feeling that you have the skills and knowledge that an entry-level Canadian-educated LPN has. They may also say that your experience isn't enough for a license and ask you to do further schooling.

needscoffee

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
RN_0001 said:
Yes, the SEC is likely the next step in assessment for CARNA. They wouldn't give a license with a "non-comparable" Advisory Report without futher assessment.

CLPNA might give you a license to practice if the information in your advisory report plus the information about your nursing work experience satisfies them in feeling that you have the skills and knowledge that an entry-level Canadian-educated LPN has. They may also say that your experience isn't enough for a license and ask you to do further schooling.
that make sense. sad to say the red deer college don't offer bridging program for RNs. mostly in Edmonton and calgary

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Legentellison said:
Good night guys,

what comes after the jurisdiction exams
Jurisprudence? In Ontario, that is one of many steps towards a license. The jurisprudence exam can be taken anytime online after the CNO has received your application. It costs $40 and takes 2-3 hours. It is an online exam.

lajjo

Apr 11, 2017
I finally decided to make an ID for this forum. I have been following this forum for a lonnnnggg time now and figured I should update what my process looked like.
I am a US educated nurse w/ a bachelors degree in nursing.
YES the whole process is very long and just ridiculous!
My NNAS report came back as "not-comparable"
I applied to CARNA- within 2 weeks I got an approval for my Temporary Permit!

The reason I am taking the time to write on this forum is for those of you being discouraged by the "not-comparable"
DON'T BE because there is hope! The ultimate decision is in the hands of the regulatory body you are applying for!

Right now I am applying for jobs and just waiting on an interview.

I would recommend giving thorough information-as much as you are able to, and communicate with the regulatory body you are applying for! NNAS is and ADVISORY report- it is NOT the final decision.

My experience is proof that YES its possible to get a not comparable- and be granted a permit to practice nursing in Canada. I have completed the NCLEX, the only requirement I have to complete is work a certain amount of hours after I am off orientation and then I am fully registered.

keep your spirits high and don't give up!

SGtoCAD

Jan 27, 2017
Elledeux said:
Yeah true!

I asked because I would like to do the 20 months bridging program to BScN after CNO's assessment. I've only got a Diploma. Hopefully I'll get the option to do that straight away.
Same! me too!. where you get your education from?

needscoffee

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
lajjo said:
I finally decided to make an ID for this forum. I have been following this forum for a lonnnnggg time now and figured I should update what my process looked like.
I am a US educated nurse w/ a bachelors degree in nursing.
YES the whole process is very long and just ridiculous!
My NNAS report came back as "not-comparable"
I applied to CARNA- within 2 weeks I got an approval for my Temporary Permit!

The reason I am taking the time to write on this forum is for those of you being discouraged by the "not-comparable"
DON'T BE because there is hope! The ultimate decision is in the hands of the regulatory body you are applying for!

Right now I am applying for jobs and just waiting on an interview.

I would recommend giving thorough information-as much as you are able to, and communicate with the regulatory body you are applying for! NNAS is and ADVISORY report- it is NOT the final decision.

My experience is proof that YES its possible to get a not comparable- and be granted a permit to practice nursing in Canada. I have completed the NCLEX, the only requirement I have to complete is work a certain amount of hours after I am off orientation and then I am fully registered.

keep your spirits high and don't give up!
hi.. when you applied to CARNA what else did they asked from you aside from the NNAS advisory report? I mean did they asked you more documentation or information? I also got "non comparable" from NNAS but I'm from the Philippines though.
thank you

allyexa

Feb 18, 2017
Congrats lajjo! Thanks for taking the time to write about your experience here. A few questions for you. Did you have experience in the USA? If so, what type and how long?

lajjo

Apr 11, 2017
needscoffee said:
hi.. when you applied to CARNA what else did they asked from you aside from the NNAS advisory report? I mean did they asked you more documentation or information? I also got "non comparable" from NNAS but I'm from the Philippines though.
thank you
The advisory report was sent directly to CARNA- and from my side what they needed was the two forms filled out that are located on the CARNA website under 'international applicant'
If you read and go through the "international applicant" tab on the CARNA website, it should answer all your questions and its fairly straightforward as to what you need to do AFTER your assessment from NNAS has been sent to CARNA.

lajjo

Apr 11, 2017
allyexa said:
Congrats lajjo! Thanks for taking the time to write about your experience here. A few questions for you. Did you have experience in the USA? If so, what type and how long?
I graduated in 2014- so I have been a nurse for over 2 years. I am a float nurse- so I float to over 33 speciality units including PCU step-down.