+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

K87

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
you think they might can approve it cause I don't wanna go to school cause I'm working right now and don't want to quit .

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
K87 said:
you think they might can approve it cause I don't wanna go to school cause I'm working right now and don't want to quit .
Quite honestly, I don't think they will approve it. Most provinces also have rules around how long it has been since you worked in healthcare. I think it has been too long for you to even attempt to qualify.

K87

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
Thanks for ur advice but what said I do? Shud I go for full time courses. Do u guys know any short term courses like under 1 year. That I can do online. I worked as a health care aide and now working as a recreational aide. But u want to start nursing but want to continue my job too. Any suggestions plz and thank u :)

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
sasasearles said:
It has nothing to do with it.

Requirements to become a permanent resident
You may be eligible to apply for permanent residence in Canada after you have had the following work experience under the Live-in Caregiver Program:

24 months of authorized full-time live-in employment, or
3,900 hours of authorized full-time employment. You can complete these hours within a minimum of 22 months. When calculating your hours, you can also include up to 390 hours of overtime; and
The work experience must be acquired within four years of your date of arrival.
Your work experience under the Live-in Caregiver Program may also allow you to apply for permanent residence through the Caring for Children or Caring for People with High Medical Needs pathway.
When calculating your work experience, you cannot include:

Any period of unemployment
Any extended time outside Canada. For example, if you leave Canada for longer than the period of vacation time allotted in your employment contract, that period does not count.
Any period you work for your employer outside Canada. For example, time spent on a family vacation outside of Canada will not count.
Any period you work in Canada as a caregiver while living outside the home of your employer. If you have work experience as a live-out caregiver that you would like to include in your application, you must apply for permanent residence through the Caring for Children or Caring for People with High Medical Needs pathway.
I think you are confused. I am just asking questions about the NNAS, not about applying for PR

sasasearles

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
Jamaica
Visa Office......
Canada High commision Jamaica
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-03-2014
Interview........
03-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2014
joeythecat said:
I think you are confused. I am just asking questions about the NNAS, not about applying for PR

I told you before NNAS DOESNOT assess nursing aide.

thrissur

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
I Just wanna ask if any one done with your NNAS verification of your Saudi Council? and how did you go with it..any positive outcome with them? I will start my NNAS application this month

jordanelaurel

Jan 14, 2017
I am from the UK. I am a British Adult trained nurse with BSc degree. I have worked in adult A&E for 2 years then did an extra year at university studying Neonatal nursing and have worked 4 years in neonatal intensive care.

I started my application to NNAS 21ST Jan 2016.

TODAY 14TH JAN 2017 I finally received my advisory report.

My report says COMPARABLE!!!!!!!
I applied for RN... Province CNO (Ontario).

I had to read my report over 10 times to make sure every detail was correct. There were a few errors e.g. my mailing address was wrong and the hours of my work experience are not entirely correct, so i've sent an email asking them to correct the information before I go on to apply to CNO.

Does anyone know what happens from here once I apply to CNO??? Will it just be a case of waiting for them to read my report and then apply to sit the NCLEX-RN or will i have to send loads of papers again?

I can't believe its been a full year since I started the NNAS process but I'm so glad its almost over (as soon as the errors are amended).
Has anyone else from the U.K. received a comparable report???

i'm OVER THE MOON!!!!
Just need to try and get IEC Visa or Express entry now.
I applied for Express entry in May 2016. CRS 438 so I haven't got an ITA and ontario PNP has been closed for ages with no indication of when it will reopen.
I hope my post can give others some hope and also some advice for myself.
Thanks in advance!

sasasearles

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
Jamaica
Visa Office......
Canada High commision Jamaica
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-03-2014
Interview........
03-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2014
jordanelaurel said:
I am from the UK. I am a British Adult trained nurse with BSc degree. I have worked in adult A&E for 2 years then did an extra year at university studying Neonatal nursing and have worked 4 years in neonatal intensive care.

I had to read my report over 10 times to make sure every detail was correct. There were a few errors e.g. my mailing address was wrong and the hours of my work experience are not entirely correct, so i've sent an email asking them to correct the information before I go on to apply to CNO.

Does anyone know what happens from here once I apply to CNO??? Will it just be a case of waiting for them to read my report and then apply to sit the NCLEX-RN or will i have to send loads of papers again?

I can't believe its been a full year since I started the NNAS process but I'm so glad its almost over (as soon as the errors are amended).

i'm OVER THE MOON!!!!
I applied for Express entry in May 2016. CRS 438 so I haven't got an ITA and ontario PNP has been closed for ages with no indication of when it will reopen.
Thanks in advance!
Congratulations

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
jordanelaurel said:

Wow, congratulations! You are, quite frankly, one of the 1%'ers in the NNAS system! There are not very many who have received "comparable" at all (including American educated nurses!), so that's great news for you.

Once you apply to CNO you'll just have to wait for them to get to your file and send you a letter saying your nursing education meets their requirement. Technically, it is possible that even with a "comparable" NNAS Advisory Report they still decide that your education is not enough (since NNAS is only supposed to be "advisory") and that you have to do the OSCE but I don't think that will happen because they are not even making the "somewhat comparable" applicants take the OSCE anymore. I do think you will have to send in some paperwork regarding work related things. At least, that's what those who have "somewhat comparable" have to do. But it certainly won't be as much as you had to send to NNAS with pages upon pages of syllabi. So it should be fairly straightforward from here but of course nothing is a guarantee because the new licensing section of the Nursing Act is quite open-ended as to what they can ask you to do. Congrats again!

May I ask which university you received your nursing education in?

jordanelaurel

Jan 14, 2017
I'm new to this forum so not sure if i have replied the correct way but i done my 3 year Adult BSc nursing degree at London Southbank University in their nursing school, I then went on to do a 1 year diploma in Neonatal intensive care nursing at king's College Florence Nightingale School of Nursing and Midwifery.

Thanks for your advise... i just paid my fees and sent my application to CNO EEEEEEEKKKKKKK
Fingers crossed!! Although on their site it says it can take 20 weeks to review my application. I will enjoy the spring and hope to hear from them at the start of the summer.

Must start studying for the dreaded NCLEX-RN.

I was BEYOND convinced I would get a non-comparable, never in a million years a somewhat comparable LET ALONE comparable! Its made my dreams closer within reach and a chance to do what I love in Canada so I can be with my Canadian boyfriend.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
jordanelaurel said:
Thanks for your reply. Statistically speaking, you were justified in assuming you would get non-comparable! The work visa might be the thing that holds you up. Without one, CNO cannot issue a license as it is one of the 8 requirements for licensure. If I were you I might take the jurisprudence exam. It's not too expensive ($40 or $60 or something) and it's online so you can just get it out of the way, if you're feeling like you want to check another requirement off your list while you wait. If I could ask, could you please update us as you move through the process? Let us know what CNO said regarding your NNAS Advisory Report and what they asked for next? It's really helpful for those who are lagging behind to hear the experiences of those that have made it further along in the process. Thank you!

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
You need to apply to CNO throug NNAS portal. No docs required as of now. CNO will ask for any missing experience after graduation which you have not mentioned in NNAS application.

It's at CNO discretion to ask for IENCAP/OSCE or may skip it and directly go for RN NCLEX

jordanelaurel said:

i'm OVER THE MOON!!!!
Thanks in advance!

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
jordanelaurel said:
I'm new to this forum so not sure if i have replied the correct way but i done my 3 year Adult BSc nursing degree at London Southbank University in their nursing school, I then went on to do a 1 year diploma in Neonatal intensive care nursing at king's College Florence Nightingale School of Nursing and Midwifery.

Thanks for your advise... i just paid my fees and sent my application to CNO EEEEEEEKKKKKKK
Fingers crossed!! Although on their site it says it can take 20 weeks to review my application. I will enjoy the spring and hope to hear from them at the start of the summer.

Must start studying for the dreaded NCLEX-RN.

I was BEYOND convinced I would get a non-comparable, never in a million years a somewhat comparable LET ALONE comparable! Its made my dreams closer within reach and a chance to do what I love in Canada so I can be with my Canadian boyfriend.

Congratulations, i am also from UK in Bristol studied at The University of the west of England BSc Hon Adult Nurse. Got NON-COMPARABLE for RN and SOMEWHAT for RPN, CNO gave me the go ahead to write the exam and i did the RPN exam today and will now wait for the result.