+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Identity Document

Oct 1, 2011
Hi,

We are asked to cmplete our National Identity Document on the Generic Application Form. But in my country there is no expiry date for ID so I do not know if I write that I do not have one ID and explain on a separate sheet that I do and give details, or if I write any date on it. I can not leave it in blank because if I do, I will not be able to validate the form.

Does anyone know what I should do?

Tks,

Angelica

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
Angelicaalvares said:
Hi,

We are asked to cmplete our National Identity Document on the Generic Application Form. But in my country there is no expiry date for ID so I do not know if I write that I do not have one ID and explain on a separate sheet that I do and give details, or if I write any date on it. I can not leave it in blank because if I do, I will not be able to validate the form.

Does anyone know what I should do?

Tks,

Angelica
which country do u belong to?

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
Angelicaalvares said:
well, i am from Bangladesh and in our country we have national ID card which has no expiry date just like yours.
Therefore, many bangladeshi applicants contacted National ID card issuing authority regarding this matter. Authority confirmed that expiry date is not printed on the ID card but actullay it is valid for 15 years from the date of issue.

so, to validate the form applicants put the expiry date which is 15 years further on from the date of issue, and in additon they notified this point on the cover letter.

Now, here is the solution for u:
1) contact your ID card issuing authority to find out whether it is valid for 15 years or not. if it has lifelong validity then still you can put a date 15 years further on from date of issue as Expiry date and mention in the cover letter:

"Please note that, “National ID card” of Brazilian nationals have lifetime validity and therefore, have no expiry date. My National ID card's (card number: 123232323; Date of issue: --) expiry date was required while completing “Generic Application From”. In order to generate the Bar code I had to select a date. Hence, I chose the date:--- which is 15 years further on, from the date of issue."

BR
Dr.Hasib

lbjames23

Oct 5, 2011
BTW, do you need to send a copy of your national ID with the application ? with or without the translation ? (it is not mentioned in the document checklist)

JIMI 2

Star Member
Jul 1, 2011
id card copy has to be sent along with english translation.please see serial # 15 of the checklist