+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Identity document - In Generic application form

Dimma

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
Which document can be considered as National identity

I am Indian Citizen , I don't have any National Identity from India , I am currently Canada and Have Ontario Driving license

Is driving license details can be captured here ? Or just leave it blank ?

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Dimma said:
Which document can be considered as National identity

I am Indian Citizen , I don't have any National Identity from India , I am currently Canada and Have Ontario Driving license

Is driving license details can be captured here ? Or just leave it blank ?
You are a national of the country of India. As an Indian national, your Ontario license is not the identity you need here. What would Indians generally use as an ID across the country? National ID Card? Passport? Birth certificate? Some other ID? If none of those (or you don't have something similar) then you might need to explain why you do not have such a document.

Dimma

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
I have passport , Details of passport captured under passport/travel document session of the application form , Can I repeat the passport details again in National Identity session?

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Dimma said:
I have passport , Details of passport captured under passport/travel document session of the application form , Can I repeat the passport details again in National Identity session?
Okay, I just looked at the guide for you. On the instruction guide it says:

National Identity Document

Question 1 - Check the appropriate box to indicate if you have a valid identity document.

Question 2 - If you checked "Yes", provide your identity document number. Make sure there is no space between each number or letter.

Since you've already put in your passport information for the Passort section, you can't use that again. If you do not have any other Indian ID card/document then you should check "No" in response to Question 1 and leave the rest of that section empty.

Reactions: asthag

shibinp

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2013
AOR Received.
23-04-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP - Sent with application
Med's Request
10-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
29-Jan-2014
Select 'no' for national identity if u r from India. We have already given passport detail hence no need to give it again (i think) I choose 'no' for this question.

canadacec2012

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adhar card is considered to be Indian National Identity. if you don't have keep it blank.

Reactions: jes_ON

PB02

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
I would recommend sending a copy of Ration Card or a PAN card or Voter's card.
Please make sure that ration card is translated in English. The translator has to submit an affidavit too.

I have heard from a friend that he sent his application without the national ID and put an X in the document checklist. he got his PR.

I submitted a notarized copy of Voter's Card

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
PB02 said:
I would recommend sending a copy of Ration Card or a PAN card or Voter's card.
Please make sure that ration card is translated in English. The translator has to submit an affidavit too.

I have heard from a friend that he sent his application without the national ID and put an X in the document checklist. he got his PR.

I submitted a notarized copy of Voter's Card
Ration Card / PAN Card / Voter's Card .... none of them are National ID Card. India does not have a NID Card till date. Even ADHAAR Card is still in pilot. Not achieved the status of NID.
Mark this column as NO.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_national_identity_card_policies_by_country

Reactions: jes_ON

PB02

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
Under Document Checklist point 11 this is mentioned: National ID's,family/ household registry/book.

Indian ration card has the picture of all the members of the household
The below link states that ration card is used as an identification.
http://gov.bharatexpress.com/RationCards.shtml

Even though India doesn't have a "National ID" other than the passport, the documents I mentioned are still considered as IDs.

it's up to you - you can mark an X on the checklist if you are not submitting anything

shibinp

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2013
AOR Received.
23-04-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP - Sent with application
Med's Request
10-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
29-Jan-2014
notarized copy, translation..... why all these hassles... just mark 'No'... simple and that's it!

asthag

Jul 16, 2017
Thanks - I did this and I don't have to submit a national ID anymore. I hope this won't result into any problem