+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Identity Document Expiration Date

ardasander

Sep 1, 2011
Hi all;

I've searched the forums and it seems that many other people are faced with the same problem and the only suggested solution is to "lie" and write any date far away. Because i will need to attach the copy of my id, my "lie" would surface pretty easily :D Soooo, what do you think? Maybe attach a post-it explaining the rules about national identity documents in Turkey???

Cheers...

echoes1978

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes you can explain the rules in Turkey and attach your old card but nobody can guarantee that CIC will accept that.

Anyway, how long does it take to get new ID in Turkey? Wait for new one to be issued.

ardasander

Sep 1, 2011
echoes1978 said:
Anyway, how long does it take to get new ID in Turkey? Wait for new one to be issued.
Well, the problem is there is no expiration date for the turkish id's at all. Getting a new id won't save me :D

echoes1978

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ardasander said:
Well, the problem is there is no expiration date for the turkish id's at all. Getting a new id won't save me :D
Than just explain the situation, or even better, you can ask for a simple short statement from Turkish police about the case. Translate it to English and attach to your statement.

ardasander

Sep 1, 2011
echoes1978 said:
Than just explain the situation, or even better, you can ask for a simple short statement from Turkish police about the case. Translate it to English and attach to your statement.
cool, that might actually work ... but that part of the form is simply wrong, well in my opinion ...

echoes1978

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ardasander said:
cool, that might actually work ... but that part of the form is simply wrong, well in my opinion ...
I used old forms where it wasn't required to write ID expiry date. Just passport expiry date.

New post July 18th forms are more detailed.

yasinkaya

Dec 4, 2011
I called CIC and was told that printing (with a pen) a note on the form and indicating that the Turkish national identity documents do not include an expiry date should suffice.