+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Name in Biometric mismatch with EE profile

er_rajinder

Jun 18, 2023
Hi All

In my passport, I only have given name(like XXXXX) and no surname. Hence, I created EE profile with my name in Surname (as per IRCC instructions). Everything is fine up to this point.

However, when I did my Biometric my given name is appearing both in Given name and Surname in Biometric section Like XXXXX XXXXX

Would that cause any issue? Shall I take any action to get it updated? Would appreciate any guidance to this.

sanjayk

Jun 28, 2024
Hi er_rajinder,

In my passport, I only have given name (like SANJAY KUMAR) and no surname. Hence, I created IRCC profile with my name in Surname (as per IRCC instructions). Everything is fine up to this point.

However, when the account was created it was showing Applicant Name "KUMAR SANJAY" , but showing correctly in portal as signed in as "SANJAY KUMAR" as per passport.
So, I applied for my Biometric appointment now I am worrying after seeing the instruction in biometrics letter it should be same as passport and in Biometric letter it's showing as
Principal Applicant: "KUMAR SANJAY"

Is there any problem or I need to take any action?

I appreciate your early response as I my biometric will be on 2nd July 2024

Last edited:

er_rajinder

Jun 18, 2023
What is the name in your EE profile? Only point you need to ensure is that when case officer takes your BIO, s/he enter your name in same way as it is in EE profile. Otherwise, system doesn't recognise automatically and keep showing that action is on you to give BIO.

er_rajinder

Jun 18, 2023
EE means IRCC account? in IRCC it shows as SANJAY KUMAR
Yes from EE I meant IRCC... They sometimes make mistakes in BIO instruction letter which needs to be corrected when you go to give BIO.

You need to explain this to officer who is taking BIO and tell that system will not pick up if name mismatches between BIO and IRCC.

Other alternate is to raise webform later and get that corrected but that takes some time.

sanjayk

Jun 28, 2024
I done my biometrics today
and see name they corrected my name now but i see in front of name in Application receipt LNU is coming do you know what is that?

Dear Mr/Ms lnu SANJAY KUMAR,

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
LNU = Last name unknown I have seen this with some Indian personnel in our HR and recruitment systems