+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Name change and PCC from home country!!!!!

ggumber

Oct 26, 2015
Need some help guys!!! Kinda long question though :)

I got married in 2013 in India when I was on Work permit for Canada. My marriage certificate is from India with my new last name (married name). I also got a court affidavit stating that from that day I will only use my married name. When I came back to Canada it was alot of work to change my name and I work with a bank and it was not easy to change all my authorizations if I change my name officially in Canada. So my passport still has my maternal name as I never changed it in Canada.
Then in May 2014 I got my work permit extended and in the application form where it says have you ever used anyother name I clicked no. But did tick on married and also included my husband in my application and our marriage certificate. We both got our work permits extended. NO PROBLEM there
Now I recevd my invitation and I am the primary applicant but I have two questions:
1. Should I still select no name change because my passport is still with maternal name.
2.My PCC from India has my maternal name because its based on your passport information, but my affidavit says that from now I will use my married name. Will it be a problem?

Any suggestions PLSssssss....!!!!

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
ggumber said:
Need some help guys!!! Kinda long question though :)

I got married in 2013 in India when I was on Work permit for Canada. My marriage certificate is from India with my new last name (married name). I also got a court affidavit stating that from that day I will only use my married name. When I came back to Canada it was alot of work to change my name and I work with a bank and it was not easy to change all my authorizations if I change my name officially in Canada. So my passport still has my maternal name as I never changed it in Canada.
Then in May 2014 I got my work permit extended and in the application form where it says have you ever used anyother name I clicked no. But did tick on married and also included my husband in my application and our marriage certificate. We both got our work permits extended. NO PROBLEM there
Now I recevd my invitation and I am the primary applicant but I have two questions:
1. Should I still select no name change because my passport is still with maternal name.

When you will upload your marriage certificate then they can easily catch this, so it is recommended to answer YES and provide your name after marriage.
Moreover, upload the affidavit, which state that your name has been changed.

2.My PCC from India has my maternal name because its based on your passport information, but my affidavit says that from now I will use my married name. Will it be a problem?

You can explain this situation in the "Letter of Explanation". Hopefully wouldn't be an issue.

Another possible solution is to get another affidavit for "One and the Same Person". In this affidavit you can mention that both name belongs to one and the same person.

Any suggestions PLSssssss....!!!!

ggumber

Oct 26, 2015
Thank you nickarter84
This makes more sense.
I will also appreciate some other thoughts from the forum.