29-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2016
LANDED..........
09-11-2016
Roxon28 said:
Hello everyone..my husband arrived last week in toronto safe and sound. i am really happy to have found people going throw the same process. Thanks to those who help and good luck to every one.
Congratulations Roxon and all the best!

Soomaali

Nov 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2016
Doc's Request.
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
20-05-2016
File Transfer...
18-07-2016
Med's Done....
23-02-2016
Passport Req..
25-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2017
LANDED..........
23-02-2017
Hardcookie said:
Hi Soomali,

Sorry I was trying to settle in after being welcomed by a serious flu.
I phoned the DHL office on Lusaka Rd which happens to be there HQ. They picked my parcel from my then office on Thika superhighway. I paid for a self addressed coupon to enclose in the parcel for the embassy. Any DHL office should be good since all communications are channeled to their HQ though. In the process I learned that there was a specific person responsible for the embassies.

I am sorry the embassy does not allow you to drop off the passports to them in Nairobi unless specified.

I hope this helps.
All the best!
Sorry to hear about your sickness, but welcome to Canada! I hope it is not that dreary cold yet where in Canada you are now.

By the way, my wife sent her passport via DHL today (Wednesday), but with no prepaid coupon. I think they will either email or call when the passport is ready for a pick-up. We are hoping for that.

Hardcookie

Jan 30, 2016
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
NRB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2016
LANDED..........
09-11-2016
Soomaali said:
Sorry to hear about your sickness, but welcome to Canada! I hope it is not that dreary cold yet where in Canada you are now.

By the way, my wife sent her passport via DHL today (Wednesday), but with no prepaid coupon. I think they will either email or call when the passport is ready for a pick-up. We are hoping for that.
Thanks Soomali.
Had they specified in the passport request email that you do a prepaid coupon? Coz it's never too late.
Those guys rarely call.

sharonK

Jun 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2016
Doc's Request.
Dec/5 2016
AOR Received.
23-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront. May 2016. Passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-012017
LANDED..........
01-03-2017
:D :D ;D ;D I am a very happy woman right now... Nairobi peeps finally said something. PPR Dec 1. We'll they asked for more proof of relationship and our daughter's birth certificate.
But they didn't ask for any passport size pics(the one to be used on PR card and maybe on COPR). I was just thinking we could include them. Any advice. Thank you.
And so you know..... 'patience is a virtue and virtue is a grace and if you have them both, walk with your head up'...
God bless you all.

Hardcookie

Jan 30, 2016
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
NRB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2016
LANDED..........
09-11-2016
sharonK said:
:D :D ;D ;D I am a very happy woman right now... Nairobi peeps finally said something. PPR Dec 1. We'll they asked for more proof of relationship and our daughter's birth certificate.
But they didn't ask for any passport size pics(the one to be used on PR card and maybe on COPR). I was just thinking we could include them. Any advice. Thank you.
And so you know..... 'patience is a virtue and virtue is a grace and if you have them both, walk with your head up'...
God bless you all.
Wow! I am so happy for you.
It's now evident Nairobi guys are working hard. You can just include the pictures though it seems they had the initial ones they can use for the COPR and eventually PR!
Congratulations are in order my sister!
God bless!

Tinkake

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
Hardcookie said:
Thanks and welcome Tin!
I hope all is well with you.
Hey dear, so I need your advise yet again. :) Good news is, they finally sent an email requesting medical since it has expired. Only problem is, the document i was to take to do medical has my name incorrect. Basically family name was supposed to be my given name. So I've emailed Nairobi To correct it just incase but never got a reply. The medical place informed me that they can only do my medical under the incorrect name. Would that really have any affect at the end? I can't take any delays. :'( any advise?

sharonK

Jun 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2016
Doc's Request.
Dec/5 2016
AOR Received.
23-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-012017
LANDED..........
01-03-2017
Hardcookie said:
Wow! I am so happy for you.
It's now evident Nairobi guys are working hard. You can just include the pictures though it seems they had the initial ones they can use for the COPR and eventually PR!
Congratulations are in order my sister!
God bless!
Thank you so much Hardcookie....now just waiting for the passport to be mailed back. One more hurdle....
And how is your stay so far?

Tinkake

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
sharonK said:
God bless you all.
Hey Sharon, congrats to you! Nairobi is on a roll! Did u receive PPR email and additional docs request at the same time ? Keep us posted.

sharonK

Jun 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2016
Doc's Request.
Dec/5 2016
AOR Received.
23-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-012017
LANDED..........
01-03-2017
Tinkake said:
Hey Sharon, congrats to you! Nairobi is on a roll! Did u receive PPR email and additional docs request at the same time ? Keep us posted.
Yes Tinka. They wanted more proof of communication and daughter's birth certificate.
I see people in the forum talk about their background check going into process before PPR , well mine did not.
It's a little confusing....
How's everything for you?

Tinkake

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
sharonK said:
Yes Tinka. They wanted more proof of communication and daughter's birth certificate.
I see people in the forum talk about their background check going into process before PPR , well mine did not.
It's a little confusing....
How's everything for you?
Ok, tnx for the info.... it's actually good they also sent you PPR along with other requests. Saves time! . As for me I'm doing remedical this week and I should submit all by then. There is an error on my name on the form they sent me too, so I'm confused. I'm a bit worried, now that it's the holiday season, they might stall on it. Was hoping to join my hubby for the holidays but I guess that's not going to happen. Well, I'll keep u posted.

Soomaali

Nov 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2016
Doc's Request.
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
20-05-2016
File Transfer...
18-07-2016
Med's Done....
23-02-2016
Passport Req..
25-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2017
LANDED..........
23-02-2017
Hardcookie said:
Thanks Soomali.
Had they specified in the passport request email that you do a prepaid coupon? Coz it's never too late.
Those guys rarely call.
Hello, Hardcookie. How is the Sasketchewan weather treating you? :)

Yes, they asked a prepaid coupon courier when they requested us to send the passport, even though they were aware that she is a Somali national living Nairobi.

Canada unfortunately - and for some political reasons - does not recognize Somali passports, even though it is an e-passport and practically looks like any other e-passport and harder to get and costs twice the cost of Canadian one. U. S., U.K. and others issue visas to Somali passport holders, albeit not attaching the visa to the passport itself. But not Canada. They don't even want to do this.

Anyway, High Commission called my wife on last Monday to confirm and make sure the email was correct because medicals expire the last day of February and they wanted us to contact IOM office in Ottawa for travel arrangements, which we did and paid for the tickets. Now we are awaiting the single journey travel document, which might take up to three weeks.

sharonK

Jun 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2016
Doc's Request.
Dec/5 2016
AOR Received.
23-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-012017
LANDED..........
01-03-2017
Tinkake said:
Ok, tnx for the info.... it's actually good they also sent you PPR along with other requests. Saves time! . As for me I'm doing remedical this week and I should submit all by then. There is an error on my name on the form they sent me too, so I'm confused. I'm a bit worried, now that it's the holiday season, they might stall on it. Was hoping to join my hubby for the holidays but I guess that's not going to happen. Well, I'll keep u posted.
Did you try to inform them? Call or email. But sometimes remedicals are good. I don't think they'll stay quiet for long after they receive them. You'll join your hubby soon.
I'm really still anxious. I don't know how long they'll keep the passport. Hopefully soon.
Good luck dear. What province are you headed to?

Tinkake

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
sharonK said:
Did you try to inform them? Call or email. But sometimes remedicals are good. I don't think they'll stay quiet for long after they receive them. You'll join your hubby soon.
I'm really still anxious. I don't know how long they'll keep the passport. Hopefully soon.
Good luck dear. What province are you headed to?
Hey Sharon, yes, I've sent them an email and I only got an automated reply to acknowledge receipt of email. So what I will do now is when I send my medical via Dhl I'll just print out my email and send it along. I hope I'll join him soon. We are frustrated with the whole process and now this mistake is getting to us. So which Nairobi address should I send the docs to? Can I use DHL?

Hope u will get your passport back soon! I'll be heading to Ontario btw....you?

sharonK

Jun 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2016
Doc's Request.
Dec/5 2016
AOR Received.
23-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-012017
LANDED..........
01-03-2017
Tinkake said:
Hey Sharon, yes, I've sent them an email and I only got an automated reply to acknowledge receipt of email. So what I will do now is when I send my medical via Dhl I'll just print out my email and send it along. I hope I'll join him soon. We are frustrated with the whole process and now this mistake is getting to us. So which Nairobi address should I send the docs to? Can I use DHL?

Hope u will get your passport back soon! I'll be heading to Ontario btw....you?
Good idea attaching the email in hard copy. Good news soon gal....praying and hoping for us all.
It will end well, it's just that the patience runs out a lot of times .
B.C is where you'll find me, karibu....

Fizar

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
ITA 22-12-2016
AOR Received.
14-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
hey guys just found this thread today :p Just curious is this thread only for spousal applications?