+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nail the Challenge of Getting Reference Letter from Current Employer!!

teejchubbs

Sep 11, 2016
Hello!

Question!

I have just received my reference letter from my employer. All the details that are required by IRCC are in there. However, I am not satisfied with the job duties that they have included in the letter. May I add a notarized copy of the Job Description from the company? Since the file does not have a company letterhead and contact details.

johnmunch

Nov 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, is it ok to have in the work experience letter for example 8.34 hours/week on average and decimals also for annnual salary + benefits? I amasking as I work on a sessional basis and with inconsistent number of hours. thanks.

simple25

Oct 1, 2016
hello friends,
i have to submit eAPR, is it mandatory to attach the initial job letter(joining letter) and confirmation letter i got after 3 months of job(3 months probationary period), i have reference letter which include the following:

its on official document printed on company letterhead which include the my name,current date, the company’s contact information-address, telephone number and email address, and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company,
it indicate all positions held while employed at the company and include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, current job status, dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits.

is this reference letter sufficient, is it mandatory to attach initial job letter and confirmation letter which is five years ago at the time of appointment, if i don't attach these initial appointment letters, would there be issue of rejection of my application.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
simple25 said:
hello friends,
i have to submit eAPR, is it mandatory to attach the initial job letter(joining letter) and confirmation letter i got after 3 months of job(3 months probationary period), i have reference letter which include the following:

its on official document printed on company letterhead which include the my name,current date, the company’s contact information-address, telephone number and email address, and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company,
it indicate all positions held while employed at the company and include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, current job status, dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits.

is this reference letter sufficient, is it mandatory to attach initial job letter and confirmation letter which is five years ago at the time of appointment, if i don't attach these initial appointment letters, would there be issue of rejection of my application.
The reference letter is the only mandatory document required to upload.

hot season

Jan 13, 2017
Hi all,
I can get reference letter from direct supervisor on company letterhead paper. Shall we include our salary in the letter? I read through this thread and some people not recommend to do that. My previous work was many years ago. I don't have any other document to proof the salary. What shall I do then?

syeduzairhaider

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks. Seeing the current ITA trend in which the draw score was 459 points. I believe my current EE score of 450 would fetch me an ITA in next draw.

Should I make a single entry of my work experience with the latest job title of Assistant Manager mentioned in EE work experience section with the job duration July 01, 2014 to present? Since currently I have 2 years and 7 months work experience.

1. Assistant Manager Corporate Communications - September 01, 2016 to Present (NOC-1123)
2. Management Trainee Corporate Communications - July 01, 2014 to August 31, 2016 (NOC-1123)

In my reference letter, I would mention both of my designation along with dates and salary. However, I will say that my job duties and responsibilities remain the same throughout both designation.

Torque

Jan 13, 2017
NOC Code......
Hi, thanks for the great help. I have few queries through, Hope to get response

a) Regarding the reference letter for my previous work, i had worked under two line managers, one after another. My first line manager had left the organization and then i worked under the 2nd person and then i resigned. can i get the letter from the first person (who is working in a different organization now).

b) i understand pay slip and tax information is optional to be mentioned. pls confirm.

c) for the current job, can i get the reference letter from any person other than my current line manager?

d) i am getting the reference letters in white paper and getting them notarized. None will use office letter-head to issue the letter. What other documents do i need to collect for the reference persons? office id card copy? business card? anything else?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
hot season said:
Hi all,
I can get reference letter from direct supervisor on company letterhead paper. Shall we include our salary in the letter? I read through this thread and some people not recommend to do that. My previous work was many years ago. I don't have any other document to proof the salary. What shall I do then?
You get maximum points for 3 years of experience. If you already have 3 years with any other company/companies you can opt to use only those under Work History to claim points. For companies which you are not able to get the reference letter, you can move them to Personal History. For any work experience mentioned under Personal History, you do not have to submit any documents.

However, if you still want to submit the reference letter from supervisor, you can get the salary part mentioned in the letter as long as the supervisor in your company fornally knows what salary his/her subordinates are paid.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
syeduzairhaider said:
Thanks. Seeing the current ITA trend in which the draw score was 459 points. I believe my current EE score of 450 would fetch me an ITA in next draw.

Should I make a single entry of my work experience with the latest job title of Assistant Manager mentioned in EE work experience section with the job duration July 01, 2014 to present? Since currently I have 2 years and 7 months work experience.

1. Assistant Manager Corporate Communications - September 01, 2016 to Present (NOC-1123)
2. Management Trainee Corporate Communications - July 01, 2014 to August 31, 2016 (NOC-1123)

In my reference letter, I would mention both of my designation along with dates and salary. However, I will say that my job duties and responsibilities remain the same throughout both designation.
Yes, you can do that.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
johnmunch said:
Hi, is it ok to have in the work experience letter for example 8.34 hours/week on average and decimals also for annnual salary + benefits? I amasking as I work on a sessional basis and with inconsistent number of hours. thanks.
I guess it should be fine. Use the LOE to explain, in case you want to.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
teejchubbs said:
Hello!

Question!

I have just received my reference letter from my employer. All the details that are required by IRCC are in there. However, I am not satisfied with the job duties that they have included in the letter. May I add a notarized copy of the Job Description from the company? Since the file does not have a company letterhead and contact details.
Try to get the job description on the formal reference letter rather than having two documents which have different duties and responsibilities.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Torque said:
Hi, thanks for the great help. I have few queries through, Hope to get response

a) Regarding the reference letter for my previous work, i had worked under two line managers, one after another. My first line manager had left the organization and then i worked under the 2nd person and then i resigned. can i get the letter from the first person (who is working in a different organization now).

b) i understand pay slip and tax information is optional to be mentioned. pls confirm.

c) for the current job, can i get the reference letter from any person other than my current line manager?

d) i am getting the reference letters in white paper and getting them notarized. None will use office letter-head to issue the letter. What other documents do i need to collect for the reference persons? office id card copy? business card? anything else?
1. Yes, you can. But, please note the manager should be mainly vouching for your duties and responsibilities rather than salary etc. So you will need to support missing information with relevant documents.
2. As mentioned in the above point.
3. Ideally, it should be manager or HR. If you are getting from a colleague, ensure that you give their contact details and be sure that they will vouch for you in case of a reference check.
4. Read through the thread, this has been answered multiple times.

itaurine

Jan 2, 2017
Hello,

I have managed to source 2 reference letters from my current employer and the one before. However, I'm in a bit of a troubled situation with the old reference letters.

Reference letter # 1:

I had worked at Nandos owned by a Franchisee 5-6 years ago. I emailed the owner, last in May but never got reply from him. So I followed up recently calling his cell phone (switched off), called the store and learnt that he had sold the franchise and moved into another business.

I traced down one of the managers I worked with and he had moved back to India 3 years ago. I am now in touch with all the people I had worked with except for the owner. One of them is now working for Nandos Australia the main company but can't give out any references as she was my jr. then and is not willing to give me a letter head. All others have left and doing something else. The other people I know are more than happy to be a reference point, but there will be no letter head involved. No visitng card as well. And I don't have any pay stubs or any other evidence from back then. What should I do?

Reference Letter # 2

I worked for another company in Australia, who after I left, filed for bankruptcy. Some other company bought it and is running it. Their filing for bankruptcy also comes up on google on credible news agency's website in Australia. No reference letters possible as well. I do know the manager and still in touch but all of them left since bankruptcy. I do however have pay stubs, not all of them, but a couple from the first year and 1 or 2 from the 2nd year.

What should I do?

Regards,

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itaurine said:
Hello,

I have managed to source 2 reference letters from my current employer and the one before. However, I'm in a bit of a troubled situation with the old reference letters.

Reference letter # 1:

I had worked at Nandos owned by a Franchisee 5-6 years ago. I emailed the owner, last in May but never got reply from him. So I followed up recently calling his cell phone (switched off), called the store and learnt that he had sold the franchise and moved into another business.

I traced down one of the managers I worked with and he had moved back to India 3 years ago. I am now in touch with all the people I had worked with except for the owner. One of them is now working for Nandos Australia the main company but can't give out any references as she was my jr. then and is not willing to give me a letter head. All others have left and doing something else. The other people I know are more than happy to be a reference point, but there will be no letter head involved. No visitng card as well. And I don't have any pay stubs or any other evidence from back then. What should I do?

Reference Letter # 2

I worked for another company in Australia, who after I left, filed for bankruptcy. Some other company bought it and is running it. Their filing for bankruptcy also comes up on google on credible news agency's website in Australia. No reference letters possible as well. I do know the manager and still in touch but all of them left since bankruptcy. I do however have pay stubs, not all of them, but a couple from the first year and 1 or 2 from the 2nd year.

What should I do?

Regards,
1 - That's fine, get a declaration of your duties and responsibilities from a former colleague and notarize this. Hopefully you can also get proof that the franchise was sold.

2 - Same advice as above.