+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Naija 2013 FSW applicants -

ty

Star Member
Oct 10, 2013
Good day every one, I am new on this forum but have seen so far that its a very helpful and I informative forum. I have some questions and hope to get assistance.
I and my family plan to immigrate to Canada under the FSWP and are about to apply, we have gotten all necessary documentation in compliance with the new immigration rule that came out in July 2013 like IELTS, certificate verification etc. The only challenge is that my skill, food resaerch scientist (as the principbal applicant)is not on the new list of NOC approved occupation but I can still tailor it to fit into 2263 I.e. Inspectors in Public and environmental Health and occupational health and safety but my employer is reluctant in issuing another reference letter to acconodste this. Can I still apply using the other reference letter for the previous occupation? I don't have arranged employment but l have a relative who is a citizen in Canada. Again, which of the immigration streams is a surer one?

Shindag

Nov 8, 2013
ty said:
The only challenge is that my skill, food resaerch scientist (as the principbal applicant)is not on the new list of NOC approved occupation but I can still tailor it to fit into 2263 I.e. Inspectors in Public and environmental Health and occupational health and safety but my employer is reluctant in issuing another reference letter to acconodste this.
Looks like you have some mean employer... :)

You re best bet is to try and convince your employer to try and tailor your work related documents in such a way so as to enable you to apply for 2263. Without their co-operation, you will be taking a big risk. Do not forge that there are verification and then there are cross verification. For 2263 though you need to show 1 year work exp in the field, so even if in case you convince any one of your past employer where you served for one year at least, be sure that they concur with your job titles, job description, profile, start and end date and references.

In my opinion it is better to select that one employer who supports you, is willing to do that much for you and most importantly whom you can trust for your reference. Only tailor that part of your work exp. Rest you be honest. It is I guess safer that way than tailoring all your experiences so as to suit the visa requirement. Anyways all the best.

dcrest

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2012
Doc's Request.
28-02-2012
AOR Received.
PER 23-03-2012
Med's Request
24-02-2014
ty said:
Good day every one, I am new on this forum but have seen so far that its a very helpful and I informative forum. I have some questions and hope to get assistance.
I and my family plan to immigrate to Canada under the FSWP and are about to apply, we have gotten all necessary documentation in compliance with the new immigration rule that came out in July 2013 like IELTS, certificate verification etc. The only challenge is that my skill, food resaerch scientist (as the principbal applicant)is not on the new list of NOC approved occupation but I can still tailor it to fit into 2263 I.e. Inspectors in Public and environmental Health and occupational health and safety but my employer is reluctant in issuing another reference letter to acconodste this. Can I still apply using the other reference letter for the previous occupation? I don't have arranged employment but l have a relative who is a citizen in Canada. Again, which of the immigration streams is a surer one?

Pls ty,
Pls do go to this forum created by a naija and has lots of naija gyd guys for all you might need to know.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/nigeria-applicant-please-let-us-network-t30420.0.html