+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

mycic account?

abc12345xyz

Star Member
Mar 28, 2014
I know when you apply online using mycic account for renewel of study/work/TRV, you can also add any of your family member. But my question is that has someone use his/her mycic account to apply for only spouse application? Is it possible? I didn't find any information regarding this on mycic website. Has some one done it successfully? or do I need to have a separate account for my spouse?

Thank you.

hjocan

May 9, 2013
abc12345xyz said:
I know when you apply online using mycic account for renewel of study/work/TRV, you can also add any of your family member. But my question is that has someone use his/her mycic account to apply for only spouse application? Is it possible? I didn't find any information regarding this on mycic website. Has some one done it successfully? or do I need to have a separate account for my spouse?

Thank you.
Your spouse is applying so you not applying on her behalf, she will probably need her own account.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abc12345xyz said:

Thank you.
Follow the manuals on www.cic.gc.ca for online application.
If you and you wife applies simultaneously you will have ONE ID nomeber for the file and two applications on the file.
I suppose you may apply separately (and have two separate files and one application in each) but not sure about that. I guess it will be confusing for CIC even if they match your files.

abc12345xyz

Star Member
Mar 28, 2014
Regina said:
If you and you wife applies simultaneously you will have ONE ID nomeber for the file and two applications on the file.
I suppose you may apply separately (and have two separate files and one application in each) but not sure about that. I guess it will be confusing for CIC even if they match your files.
There is no manual about this on cic website. I am worried that if I make separate account for my spouse, how the cic will know about the expiry date of my permit. Do you think that cic has linked spouses together in their system?