+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My wife's visa

svs

Jul 16, 2009
Dear Experts,

I got PR this year. I am married recently. I am planning to bring her this month. .Can i apply for her PR after she comes here or do i need to apply now and apply for visitor's visa to get her into Canada. What is the best way to bring my wife to canada before she gets PR.Please let me know

I will be waiting for your reply.

Thank You.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The best and straight forward method is to sponsor her for spouse visa.

If your wife is not from a visa exempted country for Canada, you should anticipate several impediments while applying visitor visa for her and sponsorship application simultaneously.

svs

Jul 16, 2009
wilson said:

If your wife is not from a visa exempted country for Canada, you should anticipate several impediments while applying visitor visa for her and sponsorship application simultaneously.
Thank You Wilson, I am from india. Which one will be the better? What are the chances of getting visitor's visa?

How long does it take to get the visitor's visa?
Is it ok if i am in india when she applies for visitor's visa or do i need to be in canada?

svs

Jul 16, 2009
wilson said:

Dear Experts,

1. If she gets visitor's visa, i will be applying for inside canada application process for immigration. Can she travel to india while the immigration is in process? or does she needs to be in country until she gets PR?

Also, What if her 6 months's status expires as a visitor, can she extend her stay?

2. If she do not get her visitor's visa then i will be applying for outside canada application process for immigration.
Do i need to be in canada until she gets her immigration?or can i travel to india during that process?

3.If her vistior's visa is rejected, Will her visitor's visa rejection can effect her immigration when we apply for immigration?

Thank You,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1. If you submit an inland application (from within Canada) then she must remain in Canada until her visa has been approved.

2. You must be living in Canada while her application is being process and until she receives her PR visa. Occasional short trips (2-3 weeks) outside of Canada are OK. If you leave for longer, you risk having the application refused due to non-residency.

3. No - it won't affect it.

Noddy jannat

Jan 24, 2013
My husband will go to Canada for studi (masc) and also he will try for PR
I want to go with him on a dependent visa
Is it easy ? To get visa and does it creat any problem on my husband visa.
What should I do.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should have started another thread for this question.
The answer to your question is yes, you can get work permit :

You may apply for a work permit if:

he is a full-time student at:

* a public post-secondary institution, such as a college or university or collège d'enseignement général et professionnel (CEGEP) in Quebec

* a private post-secondary institution that operates under the same rules and regulations as a public institution, and receives at least 50 percent of its financing for its overall operations from government grants (currently, only private college-level educational institutions in Quebec qualify)

or
* a Canadian private institution authorized by provincial statute to confer degrees
he has a valid study permit.

Hope you are clear.

svs

Jul 16, 2009
scylla said:
1. If you submit an inland application (from within Canada) then she must remain in Canada until her visa has been approved.

2. You must be living in Canada while her application is being process and until she receives her PR visa. Occasional short trips (2-3 weeks) outside of Canada are OK. If you leave for longer, you risk having the application refused due to non-residency.

3. No - it won't affect it.
Thanks Scylla

svs

Jul 16, 2009
svs said:
Thanks Scylla
Friends,

1. Currently I am in India, I came here for 6 weeks for my marriage..Now i will apply for her visitor's visa when i am in india...for how much period can i stay in india as a PR holder of Canada. Is there a time limit?.
Please let me know.

2. Which is fast and easiest way to apply for visiting visa to canada.

Online application ??

or Mailing the application package..

or going as in-person application at the visa office?

3. for letter of support for my wife's vistor visa application, can i print my online statements from my canadian bank account and show them as evidence since i am in india currently and i can't get get a letter from them or original statements .

How much funds do i need to show?(for 6 months multiple entry visa).

4. Proof of Financial Resource of Supporter

•if self-employed, a letter from an accountant confirming annual income

what is meant by an accountant ?

or

•a copy of your most recent statement of your annual earnings and income tax deductions. In Canada, this is called a T4 and/or T1 slip. a copy of your most recent income tax return (in Canada, this is known as a notice of assessment and is provided by Canada Revenue Agency)

I have the T4 from 2011(which i recieved in 2012) . at that time i was working on open work permit.
can ishow that?

•an original letter or proof of annotated cheque stubs from the employer confirming financial profile details

I am getting pay stubs on my name from the employer.

encorporated.

can i show those stubs instead?

5. does she needs to show any funds in india or properties on her name in india ?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

svs

Jul 16, 2009
Wilson,

Currently I am in India, I came here for 6 weeks for my marriage..Now i will apply for her visitor's visa when i am in india...for how much period can i stay in india as a PR holder of Canada. Is there a time limit?.

Thanks,

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
And note that you can't submit an inland app unless your wife gets a visit visa valid for at least one year.