+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My wife is on dependent Open work permit, Can travel while pregnant?

RamInCanada

Sep 21, 2016
Hi All
Thanks all for your responses and help in advance
I am on open work permit entered Canada on Study visa. My wife is on dependent open work permit which is valid for more than a year from now.

My question is
She is pregnant now in 3 rd month, so she is planning to travel India and returning to Canada in 2 months. Is she can travel by flight while 5 months pregnant?
While coming back she will have any problem at port of entry/Immigration check?

she is not working , entered into Canada Just 4 months back, she holds Ontario health card
I hold ontario health card, I am working in NOC A category job
Please advise
Thanks in advance
Ram

Edmo guy Naveed

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
RamInCanada said:
Hi All
I am on open work permit entered Canada on Study visa. My wife is on dependent open work permit which is valid for more than a year from now.

My question is
She is pregnant now in 3 rd month, so she is planning to travel India and returning to Canada in 2 months. Is she can travel by flight while 5 months pregnant?

she is not working , entered into Canada Just 4 months back, she holds Ontario health card

hi Ram ,
yes , she can travel until 7th month but you must hold some document before travel back. i am from Pakistan and i have same situation with my wife 2 years ago. on way go to home country she will not face any problem but when her head is back to canada as you write she will will in 5th or 6th month then she can face some problems. she must arrange ultra sound that she take in last week before travel back. she must have a written paper from doctor about her month. air lines also have their own form for pregnent womens and she must fill before travel, you can ask from airlines office that she is using. on port of entry will not any problem , all of things she need before to fly on departure air port. mostly of travel agents dont have idea about this procedure. she also can save all her medical documents from canada.
Please advise
Thanks in advance
Ram

Edmo guy Naveed

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
RamInCanada said:
Hi All

My question is

this does not effect which noc category you hold or your wife work or not. as i am in b category and my wife also dont work.
Please advise
Thanks in advance
Ram