+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My wife is an American Citizen

hwankim92

Oct 15, 2018
Hello,

I am a Canadian Citizen and just married an American. We both have places in Windsor (CAN) and Detroit (US) so we go back and forth everyday. We want to move in together in Canada but sponsorship application is still in process. But then I found a line in the checklist document: "To apply under Spouse or Common Law partner in Canada, you must be living with your sponsor in Canada." I don't understand... She can't move to Canada before she gets the PR, but then to apply for the PR, she must be living with me in Canada...? Please help!

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Hello,

I am a Canadian Citizen and just married an American. We both have places in Windsor (CAN) and Detroit (US) so we go back and forth everyday. We want to move in together in Canada but sponsorship application is still in process. But then I found a line in the checklist document: "To apply under Spouse or Common Law partner in Canada, you must be living with your sponsor in Canada." I don't understand... She can't move to Canada before she gets the PR, but then to apply for the PR, she must be living with me in Canada...? Please help!
You are reading the bit that applies to 'inland spousal sponsorship'. If you do not currently live in Canada, you can only apply for 'outland spousal sponsorship'.

Reactions: hwankim92

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Class of Application .....

INLAND SPONSORSHIP

you can only apply for under Spouse or Common Law partner in Canada, i.e., inland sponsorship....if the sponsor and principal applicant are living together inside Canada.

OUTLAND SPONSORSHIP

if the principal applicant stay in Canada is temporary or a short stay and plan to go back to home country while the sponsorship application is been processed.......you may consider Outland sponsorship......there are 2 options for outland sponsorship.

1. I am currently living outside Canada, and I am applying under the Family Class.

2. I am currently living in Canada, and I am applying under the Family Class (not under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class). I understand that I may be convoked to attend an interview at a visa office outside Canada.

Reactions: hwankim92