+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My weekly working hour varies(32-40), does it matter?

Evens

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Hi guys, I am working as an administrative assistant. I usually work 4 days a week (32 hours). So technically I am eligible as full-time employee. Sometimes I am required to come 5 days if I am needed (urgent project to quote etc.) I checked the application form a little and it says that I need to write down my weekly hour. In that case should I just write "32-40"? Does CIC approve applicants with flexible weekly hour?

Also for annual salary for my employment letter, can I just provide a range of income? (eg. $22000-26000)

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Take the average, but explain it in your LOE that your hours are slightly flexible, and provide a few paystubs to back this up.

You will have no issue if you have always worked at least 30hrs/week. If it is less than that, it would be considered part-time work experience, and it may slightly impact the employment duration they will calculate for you.

Reactions: Evens

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi guys, I am working as an administrative assistant. I usually work 4 days a week (32 hours). So technically I am eligible as full-time employee. Sometimes I am required to come 5 days if I am needed (urgent project to quote etc.) I checked the application form a little and it says that I need to write down my weekly hour. In that case should I just write "32-40"? Does CIC approve applicants with flexible weekly hour?

The form will require one number. Either give an average, or the minimum. As long as the minimum is 30 or more, you're good. Your letter of reference can say "32-40", it can say "at a minimum of 32, sometimes more..." or some variation (as long as it is true).

Also for annual salary for my employment letter, can I just provide a range of income? (eg. $22000-26000)
This suggests that you have an hourly wage, not a salary. (Salaries don't vary by number of hours worked). In your employment letter, it should accurately describe how you are remunerated (e.g. paid an hourly wage of...). You can say "approximate annual earnings of..."

Reactions: Evens

Evens

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Take the average, but explain it in your LOE that your hours are slightly flexible, and provide a few paystubs to back this up.

You will have no issue if you have always worked at least 30hrs/week. If it is less than that, it would be considered part-time work experience, and it may slightly impact the employment duration they will calculate for you.
Thank you very much!