+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My visa interview is next week in ankara turkey

tobocharge

Jul 27, 2011
someone please help me out with questions asked by the visa officer,my wife is older than me with about 20yrs,we are both in love with each other and we have been married since 2009,would our age difference be an issue?

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
your age might be a concern but it is up to you guys to explain that your age difference doesnt matter between the 2 of u and proof that the relationship is genuine

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you are welcome

this is what canadianwoman answered today for someone that also asked about age difference might be able to help: A big age difference can be countered by testimony that neither of you cares about the age difference; by all evidence that shows your relationship is genuine, including affidavits from people who know you two and who state that they believe your relationship is genuine; evidence that in your family and/or her family marrying an older woman is normal (even though it may not be in your culture) - if that is the case, of course.

boblu

Star Member
Oct 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
hong kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/09/2010
File Transfer...
08/10/2010
Med's Done....
14/09/2010
My wife is almost 20 years younger than me and it did not come up at all in the interview I did have lots of emails and letters and many more photos than most. The main question was around my job and work and how much i make of all thinks. Not one question re: age I travel to be ther for the interview as well.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I think situations where the wife is significantly younger than the husband are viewed very differently than situations where the husband is significantly younger than the wife. I think the OP should be prepared to answer questions about the age gap during the interview.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
tobocharge said:
someone please help me out with questions asked by the visa officer,my wife is older than me with about 20yrs,we are both in love with each other and we have been married since 2009,would our age difference be an issue?
It will probably be an issue. There have been some forum members who have reported that the visa officer did not question them about a big age difference, but usually they do. In my own case, I am older than my husband by 12 years, and I expected that to be an issue, but actually the visa officer never mentioned it at all, and neither did the gov't lawyer or the judge at the appeal. Still, it is better to be prepared to answer questions about it.
If the visa officer asks about it, you must stress that you two have discussed the age difference and that the two of you don't care about it because you love each other.

Mrs. Turan

Mar 11, 2010
Vancouver Island, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
The Canadian Embassy, Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2010
File Transfer...
06-05-2010
Med's Request
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
20-08-2011
Interview........
23-06-2010
Passport Req..
09-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2011
LANDED..........
25-12-2011
Good luck on your interview. I'm sure you'll do fine. My husband had his interview at the
Ankara Canada Immigration. He didn't do well, but he doesn't speak english and their concerns
were that my husband marrried me just to get a Visa to come to Canada. They didn't believe
we had a genuine marriage. Of course, we didn't know that when he went for his interview.
He wasn't prepared and I didn't know how to get him prepared. I really starting coming on this forum
after the interview LOL. So I guess I missed all the good advice! :p Anyways learn everything
you can about your wife's life. eg, where she lives, birthday, the names of her parents, any
children and their birthdays, etc. The most important thing is to show them how much you love
each other. It might be a difficult thing to express this to a stranger bent on disproving your
whole relationship, but do it anyways. In the long run it will be worth it.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Oh yeah, I was so focused on the question about the age difference I forgot to mention this:
At the interview the visa officer will almost certainly ask you a lot of questions about your wife's life in Canada. Make sure you know all about her life: her family, her friends, her job, where she lives, the town she lives in, how she spends her free time, etc.
For example from my own experience: my husband answered correctly that I live in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, but then the visa officer went on to ask him where Saskatoon is, what it is like, what does he know about Canada, etc. The appeal judge asked my husband about my previous jobs in Asia, and my husband knew that I had worked for a publishing company as a copy editor, but then she asked him to explain what a copy editor does. He couldn't. Frankly, I doubt the judge could either, but ... They also asked him things like the name of the beaches in Saskatoon and the name of all the medicines I take.

tobocharge

Jul 27, 2011
Thanks canadianwoman, i and my wife will be going to the interview together,am hoping her presence speaks as well,but we are both preparing for the interview next week,all fingers crossed and hoping for the best so we can start our lives together.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Good luck! And try not to worry too much. Everything will most likely go well.