+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My TRP (Temporary Resident Status) was refused

Jacks21

Aug 5, 2024
My TRP was refussed and I still have pending application for my work permit. Is it safe to go to the border to get the permit?

Radmin

Jul 17, 2024
A TRP and a work permit are both a type of temporary residence and they don't allow reentry, and are always issued together and expire together, TRPs are issued to inadmissible persons through s24 of the act, what type of inadmissibility do you have? I am confused that you say you have a pending application for a wp, if you have a TRP the work permit is always issued together and it's a single application. If you hold a TRP it means that you currently have some kind of inadmissibility, unless you are a victim of family violence, there's an active public policy granting TRPs to victims of family violence.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My TRP was refussed and I still have pending application for my work permit. Is it safe to go to the border to get the permit?
No. Definitely not. You can only flagpole when you have valid status in Canada.

Jacks21

Aug 5, 2024
A TRP and a work permit are both a type of temporary residence and they don't allow reentry, and are always issued together and expire together, TRPs are issued to inadmissible persons through s24 of the act, what type of inadmissibility do you have? I am confused that you say you have a pending application for a wp, if you have a TRP the work permit is always issued together and it's a single application. If you hold a TRP it means that you currently have some kind of inadmissibility, unless you are a victim of family violence, there's an active public policy granting TRPs to victims of family violence.
No. Definitely not. You can only flagpole when you have valid status in Canada.
My Visitor Visa expired on May 28, 2024 and before that I applied online for my LMIA based WP, until now I’m still waiting for the results and was planning to go to border to get the permit right away. Because just yesterday I found out that my TRP application was refused. I applied for TRP because I had worked unauthorized here for like 5 months but that was last yr and after that I leave Canada and went back again as Visitor.

Jacks21

Aug 5, 2024
I applied for TRP because I want to be transparent coz I work unauthorized for a few months I want to disclose it. But then I got the results that it was refused. Does it means that they already acknowledge what I’ve done?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My Visitor Visa expired on May 28, 2024 and before that I applied online for my LMIA based WP, until now I’m still waiting for the results and was planning to go to border to get the permit right away. Because just yesterday I found out that my TRP application was refused. I applied for TRP because I had worked unauthorized here for like 5 months but that was last yr and after that I leave Canada and went back again as Visitor.
IMO flagpoling is going to be more risky for you given the refused TRP and unauthorized work last year. But your choice and it's possible you may be successful.

Jacks21

Aug 5, 2024
This is what it says in the refusal letter.

“This letter refers to your application for a Temporary Resident Permit and Work Permit.

[X] Under the authority delegated to me by the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration in accordance with the provisions of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, I hereby notify you that the written permit you requested, pursuant to subsection 24(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act will not be granted.

[X] Since your Application for Temporary Resident Permit has been refused, you are not eligible for a work permit.

[X] You are not eligible for a Vulnerable Worker Open Work Permit (VWOWP) as the employer for which you are claiming abuse is not an employer that you are authorized to work for. To be eligible under the VWOWP category, you must have an employer specific LMIA issued Work Permit for the employer against whom the abuse claim is made.

[X] You are authorized to remain in Canada until a decision is made on your application submitted May 28, 2024, however you are not authorized to work at this time.

NOTE: Passports must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada. Documents will not be issued beyond the validity of passports.”

Jacks21

Aug 5, 2024
IMO flagpoling is going to be more risky for you given the refused TRP and unauthorized work last year. But your choice and it's possible you may be successful.
Yeah I know it’s gonna be that risky. But I have all the documents a copy of LMIA and job offer.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yeah I know it’s gonna be that risky. But I have all the documents a copy of LMIA and job offer.
It's entirely your choice.

Jacks21

Aug 5, 2024
It's entirely your choice.
And I’m a bit confused with the email of the refusal. It says that my TRP was Refused and I’m not eligible for Work Permit, but still they still allowed me to stay in Canada until the decision of my LMIA based WP is out.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
And I’m a bit confused with the email of the refusal. It says that my TRP was Refused and I’m not eligible for Work Permit, but still they still allowed me to stay in Canada until the decision of my LMIA based WP is out.
You don’t seem to have legal status in Canada at the moment so no.