+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Travel Document was rejected :-(

amircanada2023

Mar 5, 2022
Hi,
Thank you for the relief! I read on some other thread that when you fill the PPTC 326, your application is rejected.
How long did it take to receive your RTD? We are trying to apply for one but do not have any elligible guarantor, so no other choice than to fill the PPTC326. We are afraid it’s gonna take ages to receive it and are planning to travel in July.
Thank you in advance for your answer
Hi , did you got this form from IRCC ? if yes , can you share it on a link to download ? Thank you

amircanada2023

Mar 5, 2022
This isn't a restriction on refugees. Canadians applying for a passport must also have a guarantor.

As stated in the application, there is a form to fill out if you don't know an eligible guarantor, PPTC 326, Statutory Declaration in Lieu of Guarantor for a Travel Document.
Hi , did you got this form from IRCC ? if yes , can you share it on a link to download ? Thank you

Macharith5

Feb 13, 2024
Hi there My Refugee travel document was refused due to to Invalid gurantor I have new one Do I have to pay the fee again please let me know thank you

Newstart2022

Star Member
Jul 29, 2022
Hi there My Refugee travel document was refused due to to Invalid gurantor I have new one Do I have to pay the fee again please let me know thank you
Hi , No you don’t have to pay to resubmit your application . You can send in your copy of your receipt that you used in your first application, but for your Guarantor yes you will need to pay for the signatures.

Last edited:
Reactions: CanGoldDigger

031_guy

Star Member
Feb 17, 2022
Hi there My Refugee travel document was refused due to to Invalid guarantor I have new one Do I have to pay the fee again please let me know thank you
Hi, If you cant find a guarantor.....and can't afford to pay for one. You need to go to your city/town hall and find someone who deals with signatories/councilor and have proof that you have been living in that town/city. That's what I did in 2023 and got my RTD within three weeks cos it was urgent.

Starboyy

Jun 14, 2021
Fill the Statutory Declaration in Lieu of Guarantor for a Travel Document. Have it notarized and you are good to go without a guarantor
As per my initially understanding, we can notarized PPTC190 as a Guarantor by paying fees right ?
Then i read your comment that we have to fill up the Statutory Declaration in Lieu of Guarantor for a Travel Document. Have it notarized (That's some new information to me) Its double work now.

Newstart2022

Star Member
Jul 29, 2022
Hi everyone ,
So I called the IRCC today regarding the status of my travel document. Now the agent said that they are requesting a new photo with my name on the back along with the guarantor signature. My guarantor is a principal at my child’s school. The problem with that is that now he has retired. Has anyone experience anything similar in regards to the signature? How can I get the guarantor signature? Please let me know. Also, this is my this would be my third time submitting documents. This is stressful

power2024

Aug 9, 2024
In August 2023, I applied for a travel document for both myself and my child. While I received my document in October, my child's application encountered an issue due to expired photos in February, requiring us to resubmit the application along with new photos.
Today, I contacted IRCC and was informed that the application is currently on hold, pending a call from their office.
I would appreciate any advice or suggestions on how to expedite the process.

gotzshop

Sep 4, 2024
Hi , No you don’t have to pay to resubmit your application . You can send in your copy of your receipt that you used in your first application, but for your Guarantor yes you will need to pay for the signatures.
Hi if you get rejected , can you apply again ?