+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Successful Journey To Canada - Sharing The Experience With You

Imadeit

Dec 21, 2011
After I had posted about my own experience with a complicated medical condition, and had mentioned in passing about my exposure to numerous issues connected with Canadian Immigration, some members of the Forum who are ever helpful here (God bless their tribe! :) ) suggested that I become more active here and share my experiences for the benefit of others. While I am certainly willing to do so and even willing to offer any advice based on my own experiences, I have not done so till now because of two reasons. Firstly, there are a few dedicated individuals here, who can without reservation be called 'experts' on the basis of their vast knowledge and research into immigration related issues and I find very little I can add to their responses to any queries. Secondly, my experiences in themselves may not in isolation be easily comprehended - or are likely to be misunderstood - unless the whole background also is simultaneously explained. And I know any effort to do so in a forum like would be futile due to limitations of posting here.

So, after some deliberations, I have now decided to share my whole experience with Canadian Immigration, from the initial unsuccessful attempt till the reapplication and landing in Toronto almost 10 years in a blog. Accordingly I have started writing in a blog today, the first posting being about my initial application until the denial by Canadian Consulate General, Hong Kong due to misinterpretation of a simple sentence in a supporting document by the visa officer. In second and subsequent postings, I will write more about my life in general, especially about the 7 year struggle starting with the second application until the grant of visa by New Delhi Consulate and my landing thereafter. As I had said in my earlier post, I had encountered almost every conceivable problems with the application process along the way, and I hope the way I dealt with them will provide some guidance to those who need guidance in future.

The link to my blog-post is this: http://rajusmeanderings.wordpress.com/2012/01/11/the-long-journey-to-canada-begins-and-almost-ends/

While you may just ignore the future posts that do not concern immigration matters (I will try and update you here when a relevant post is made), I would greatly appreciate your comments and suggestions about my posts in general, and my writing in particular.

Best wishes to all.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Re: My Succesful Journey To Canada - Sharing The Experience With You

Imadeit said:
After I had posted about my own experience with a complicated medical condition, ...Accordingly I have started writing in a blog today... The link to my blog-post is this: [size=14pt]http://rajusmeanderings.wordpress.com/

...I would greatly appreciate your comments and suggestions about my posts in general, and my writing in particular.

Best wishes to all.[/size]
It was a nice initial read, I/made/It... pls do continue.
Qorax

Classical_beat

Champion Member
Oct 12, 2010
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Imadeit said:
After I had posted about my own experience with a complicated medical condition, and had mentioned in passing about my exposure to numerous issues connected with Canadian Immigration, some members of the Forum who are ever helpful here (God bless their tribe! :) ) suggested that I become more active here and share my experiences for the benefit of others. While I am certainly willing to do so and even willing to offer any advice based on my own experiences, I have not done so till now because of two reasons. Firstly, there are a few dedicated individuals here, who can without reservation be called 'experts' on the basis of their vast knowledge and research into immigration related issues and I find very little I can add to their responses to any queries. Secondly, my experiences in themselves may not in isolation be easily comprehended - or are likely to be misunderstood - unless the whole background also is simultaneously explained. And I know any effort to do so in a forum like would be futile due to limitations of posting here.

So, after some deliberations, I have now decided to share my whole experience with Canadian Immigration, from the initial unsuccessful attempt till the reapplication and landing in Toronto almost 10 years in a blog. Accordingly I have started writing in a blog today, the first posting being about my initial application until the denial by Canadian Consulate General, Hong Kong due to misinterpretation of a simple sentence in a supporting document by the visa officer. In second and subsequent postings, I will write more about my life in general, especially about the 7 year struggle starting with the second application until the grant of visa by New Delhi Consulate and my landing thereafter. As I had said in my earlier post, I had encountered almost every conceivable problems with the application process along the way, and I hope the way I dealt with them will provide some guidance to those who need guidance in future.

The link to my blog-post is this: h**p:(remove the stars and use tt instead)//rajusmeanderings.wordpress.com/2012/01/11/the-long-journey-to-canada-begins-and-almost-ends/

While you may just ignore the future posts that do not concern immigration matters (I will try and update you here when a relevant post is made), I would greatly appreciate your comments and suggestions about my posts in general, and my writing in particular.

Best wishes to all.
Keep going !! I read it .. Thanks for sharing ur experience ..

harry_aussie

Jun 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/05/2011
AOR Received.
25/07/2011
File Transfer...
15/08/2011
Med's Request
15/12/2011
Med's Done....
19/12/2011
Interview........
WAIVED !!!!!/ Casual interview with visa officer on 5/3/2012
Passport Req..
21/2/2012, submitted on 27/2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
1/3/2012, valid till 20/12/2012, collected on 5/3/2012
LANDED..........
Landed,16 September 2012
Please go on....very nice

(INDIAN)

Champion Member
May 16, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Imadeit said:

The link to my blog-post is this: h**p:(remove the stars and use tt instead)//rajusmeanderings.wordpress.com/2012/01/11/the-long-journey-to-canada-begins-and-almost-ends/

Best wishes to all.
VERY GOOD

Imadeit

Dec 21, 2011
I thank all those who visited my blogpost and posted encouraging comments. My second post, covering a number of issues normally faced by many of the applicants, is now posted at http://rajusmeanderings.wordpress.com/. Please feel free to visit, read and record your frank opinions and comments at the site.

Incidentally, my own website, raju-thomas.com, is under construction and hopefully will be fully operational soon. It is of special significance to me because it is being developed by my 27 year old son, who immigrated with me to Canada and has already found a footing for himself in Vancouver as an independent IT consultant.

For time being, my website will host my posts at wordpress.com a day or two after its publication.

Thanks and best wishes.

Imadeit

Dec 21, 2011
Thanks for your words of encouragement.

I am now planning to turn my website raju-thomas.com into a resources website for future immigrants. I propose to include links to various sites with useful information for future applicants as well as new immigrants and also articles, answers to readers' questions on immigration, experts' views etc. therein.

Any suggestions/comments on my thoughts will be highly appreciated.

dubaiite

May 3, 2011
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
1-11-2012
LANDED..........
24-3-2013
Imadeit said:

I am now planning to turn my website raju-thomas.com into a resources website for future immigrants. I propose to include links to various sites with useful information for future applicants as well as new immigrants and also articles, answers to readers' questions on immigration, experts' views etc. therein.

Nice Job Sir....

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Imadeit said:
Congratulation!!
Good Job Keep it Up.

hmisabpk

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!
Great job SIR .!!

Cheers..

Londonqtr

Mar 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London - UK
NOC Code......
4131- 4121
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 09
Doc's Request.
May - 09
AOR Received.
Oct - 09
IELTS Request
Done my Ielts in Sept. and Sent after 120 days.
File Transfer...
Oct - 09
Med's Request
May 2010
Med's Done....
June 2010
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
15-3-2011
VISA ISSUED...
April 2011
LANDED..........
Landed and Got the PR
Great Efforts
Keep up the good work...

Londonqtr

Nicky Royal

Apr 29, 2011
india
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
Med's Request
On my Lord's Wish
Interview........
Pray for waver
VISA ISSUED...
As my Lord fixes
Dear Imadeit,
You have really proved that "patience, endurance and hard work is the only key to success. Where there is pain, there is gain. Thanks a lot for unveiling your prolonged fight. Sure we have something to learn from your blog. Wish you all the best.

Imadeit

Dec 21, 2011
Thank you all, from the bottom of my heart.

I am now working on the third part, which covers my landing in Toronto and return to India, and my future plans for permanent relocation to Canada.

As always, I will look forward to your feedback, especially comments and suggestions about my future plans so that others in similar situation too benefit from the same.