+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My son is already 18 does he has to take the test?

TammyLU2

Feb 16, 2017
My husband and I are taking the test next month. Our kids first language is English. Im assuming my daughter who is14 doesn't have to take the test but What about my son? He is 18 and next April will be 19. I just need to know to enroll him the same day I'm doing the test.

Thank you for all your help.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
TammyLU2 said:
My husband and I are taking the test next month. Our kids first language is English. Im assuming my daughter who is14 doesn't have to take the test but What about my son? He is 18 and next April will be 19. I just need to know to enroll him the same day I'm doing the test.

Thank you for all your help.
Exactly why are you taking the test? If your children are listed as your PR application dependants, there is no need for them to take a test.

TammyLU2

Feb 16, 2017
zardoz said:
Exactly why are you taking the test? If your children are listed as your PR application dependants, there is no need for them to take a test.
We are taking the test to start the process for EE. He is our dependent but of course he would like to study or work in the future. thank you for responding.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
TammyLU2 said:
We are taking the test to start the process for EE. He is our dependent but of course he would like to study or work in the future. thank you for responding.
There is no requirement for anyone except the principal applicant to take the test, but spousal scores can increase points. Your children will not affect the CRS scoring. If they want to be tested for their own interest, there is nothing to prevent that. If your son ceases to be a dependant because of age before you are invited to apply, then he would need to become a principal applicant in his own right.

TammyLU2

Feb 16, 2017
zardoz said:
There is no requirement for anyone except the principal applicant to take the test, but spousal scores can increase points. Your children will not affect the CRS scoring. If they want to be tested for their own interest, there is nothing to prevent that. If your son ceases to be a dependant because of age before you are invited to apply, then he would need to become a principal applicant in his own right.
Thank you so much!!!