+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My sister and her boyfriend applying for visitor visa as a group

MariaMM

Apr 21, 2024
Hi,
I would like to act as a representative to apply for visitor visas for my sister and her boyfriend through my IRCC portal. However, I have a couple of questions:
1. Should I apply for them as a group under the category of "family," or should I fill out separate applications for each of them?
2. In my sister's case, the reason for visiting Canada is to visit family (siblings). Can I also select 'visiting family' as the reason for her boyfriend to visit Canada?
Many thanks in advance!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
I would like to act as a representative to apply for visitor visas for my sister and her boyfriend through my IRCC portal. However, I have a couple of questions:
1. Should I apply for them as a group under the category of "family," or should I fill out separate applications for each of them?
2. In my sister's case, the reason for visiting Canada is to visit family (siblings). Can I also select 'visiting family' as the reason for her boyfriend to visit Canada?
Many thanks in advance!
They cannot apply a group unless they prove common-law. Sister is visiting family. Boyfriend is visiting and applies through own portal as he is not your family member. You can try applying for sister under your portal.
1. No. They are not a group application. They each show their own bank statements with funds for a visit, travel history and ties to return.
2. Sister is visiting family. Boyfriend is coming for tourism. You are not family.

MariaMM

Apr 21, 2024
Thank you for replying Naturgri. I see, they have to apply separately then.
When you said I could try applying for my sister under my portal. Do you think it would be better for her to create her own portal? Would she have a better chance of getting approved?
Thank you.