+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My PR card is taking a long time to arrive

kirribilliCN

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Litterally.

Fact 1: Visa is one-time only. And when you landed as the PR you are PR. I can't not become non-PR, cross the border and land to become PR again. So everybody is first time landed immigrant.

Fact 2: People are able to link their PR card application

(1) + (2) => everybody should be able to link their PR card application.

Simple math. Hope it's clear.
Math, Logic, Comprehension - I am glad you are here to school us on everything under the sky. Did it ever occur to you to ask if something is not clear?

I mean to say "Initial PR Card application" when I said First time landed applicants.

Also read the response from my post above from CIC agent regarding app linking, I posted what they told me.

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Math, Logic, Comprehension - I am glad you are here to school us on everything under the sky. Did it ever occur to you to ask if something is not clear?

I mean to say "Initial PR Card application" when I said First time landed applicants.
Sorry if I offense you. No intend there. Since you asked why I derive that, so I just answer it in the comprehensive way. We are here to help for FREE out of pure intention to help people.

And yes, people are able to link "Initial PR Card application" including my self. I'm not sure about the second one after this one expire 5 years later. My guess is It shouldn't be a problem.

kirribilliCN

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Sorry if I offense you. No intend there. Since you asked why I derive that, so I just answer it in the comprehensive way.
And yes, people are able to link "Initial PR Card application" including my self. I'm not sure about the second one after this one expire 5 years later. My guess is It shouldn't be a problem.
Yah no problem, just don't jump too quickly into conclusions. I was able to link my app today finally (thanks to ConcatFront tip regarding case sensitivity and spaces). Yes PR card renewals also can be linked.

kirribilliCN

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Hey all.

I landed in Toronto Pearson international airport on October 6th. I officially became PR then. I expected to get my PR card in the mail within 6 weeks or so but I did not hear anything until December 2nd 2017 saying that my photos got rejected and please send them on again (this was in an email). I went out and got new pics taken immediately and sent it to them on the very same day they sent me the email.

I still don't have my PR card and have had no correspondence since that email.

Am I right in saying that since my photos got rejected the standard time for this to be processed reset? It's now been 103 days since I landed as PR.

I am wondering if I should call them. I already submitted a form to IRCC 12 days ago asking where my PR card might be. The email does say expect to get a reply within 10 business days so they have a few more days to respond I guess but I am concerned that won't get an acknowledgement either.

Anyone else waited a long time to get their PR card? My friend got his PR card a few weeks ago and he landed as PR several weeks after I did. His photo never got rejected though so that seems to have set me back a bit.

For anyone who got that email saying their photos were rejected, how long did it take after you submitted new ones for them to send your PR card? Did they also email to say it had been sent?

Thanks.
Add your case to this tracker: https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/pr-card-procesing-after-photo-retake-request

Also I was able to get email response from a CIC agent, they informed that at the moment they are processing photo retakes they received on Nov 3rd 2017. He didn't give me any further information except asking me to sit tight.

Kwt123

Star Member
May 15, 2018
Add your case to this tracker: https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/pr-card-procesing-after-photo-retake-request

Also I was able to get email response from a CIC agent, they informed that at the moment they are processing photo retakes they received on Nov 3rd 2017. He didn't give me any further information except asking me to sit tight.
Hello,
I was also asked to send new photos as the initial ones were rejected.
It s been 8 weeks since I mailed them but no PR card or update yet.
Can you please tell me how did you get intouch with the CIC to enquire updates about your case?
Thank you.