+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My PR card is taking a long time to arrive

fitter_happier

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
Hey all.

I landed in Toronto Pearson international airport on October 6th. I officially became PR then. I expected to get my PR card in the mail within 6 weeks or so but I did not hear anything until December 2nd 2017 saying that my photos got rejected and please send them on again (this was in an email). I went out and got new pics taken immediately and sent it to them on the very same day they sent me the email.

I still don't have my PR card and have had no correspondence since that email.

Am I right in saying that since my photos got rejected the standard time for this to be processed reset? It's now been 103 days since I landed as PR.

I am wondering if I should call them. I already submitted a form to IRCC 12 days ago asking where my PR card might be. The email does say expect to get a reply within 10 business days so they have a few more days to respond I guess but I am concerned that won't get an acknowledgement either.

Anyone else waited a long time to get their PR card? My friend got his PR card a few weeks ago and he landed as PR several weeks after I did. His photo never got rejected though so that seems to have set me back a bit.

For anyone who got that email saying their photos were rejected, how long did it take after you submitted new ones for them to send your PR card? Did they also email to say it had been sent?

Thanks.

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
Link your PR card application to your MyCIC account. If it doesn't show up as approved then you probably need to wait for a bit longer.

kirribilliCN

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Link your PR card application to your MyCIC account. If it doesn't show up as approved then you probably need to wait for a bit longer.
First time landed applicants cannot link PR card applicaitons to CIC account (technical problem). I wasn't able to link and when contacted CIC told me to sit tight and apologized for not being able to link app to account.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First time landed applicants cannot link PR card applicaitons to CIC account (technical problem). I wasn't able to link and when contacted CIC told me to sit tight and apologized for not being able to link app to account.
I did.

kirribilliCN

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Hey all.

I landed in Toronto Pearson international airport on October 6th. I officially became PR then. I expected to get my PR card in the mail within 6 weeks or so but I did not hear anything until December 2nd 2017 saying that my photos got rejected and please send them on again (this was in an email). I went out and got new pics taken immediately and sent it to them on the very same day they sent me the email.

I still don't have my PR card and have had no correspondence since that email.

Am I right in saying that since my photos got rejected the standard time for this to be processed reset? It's now been 103 days since I landed as PR.

I am wondering if I should call them. I already submitted a form to IRCC 12 days ago asking where my PR card might be. The email does say expect to get a reply within 10 business days so they have a few more days to respond I guess but I am concerned that won't get an acknowledgement either.

Anyone else waited a long time to get their PR card? My friend got his PR card a few weeks ago and he landed as PR several weeks after I did. His photo never got rejected though so that seems to have set me back a bit.

For anyone who got that email saying their photos were rejected, how long did it take after you submitted new ones for them to send your PR card? Did they also email to say it had been sent?

Thanks.
I am going through the same thing. Landed Oct 25th, 2017. I got an email from Sydney processing center on Dec 22nd asking for new photos, although they never tell what's wrong with them in the first place. I sent them pictures again which were delivered on Jan 12th, now I am just waiting. I was wondering the same thing about clock resetting, hopefully not.

I think in my case they dropped the ball and mistakenly didn't keep the photos I sent during the PPR stage, they just approved and sent us the COPR along with the photos and didn't say anything which made me assume everything is up and up. Although I was puzzled to see that I got the pictures back, I convinced myself thinking that maybe they scanned the photos and they don't need a physical copy, I should have acted on my instincts. I am confident that the pictures I sent were to their specs because I went to a professional visa services agency who does this all day, so quality of the pictures probably was not an issue.

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
I am going through the same thing. Landed Oct 25th, 2017. I got an email from Sydney processing center on Dec 22nd asking for new photos, although they never tell what's wrong with them in the first place. I sent them pictures again which were delivered on Jan 12th, now I am just waiting. I was wondering the same thing about clock resetting, hopefully not.

I think in my case they dropped the ball and mistakenly didn't keep the photos I sent during the PPR stage, they just approved and sent us the COPR along with the photos and didn't say anything which made me assume everything is up and up. Although I was puzzled to see that I got the pictures back, I convinced myself thinking that maybe they scanned the photos and they don't need a physical copy, I should have acted on my instincts. I am confident that the pictures I sent were to their specs because I went to a professional visa services agency who does this all day, so quality of the pictures probably was not an issue.
The photo you sent for PPR is what they use for the card. They do send physical copies back with one attached to COPR and the other just by itself sitting in the envelop, which actually had me worried for a bit.

In terms of linking the application, use UCI and family name is probably the easiest way to go. Make sure the information you entered is consistent with what's in your passport (check upper and lower case letters as well.). Try different combinations, e.g. the place of birth written in my passport is the city where I was born, but when linking my application I had to use the province.

kirribilliCN

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Below is the text I got from the agent:

"
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with your application. It is still within the regular processing times.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Furthermore, while we are working on improving our online services for future releases, we kindly ask you that you avoid trying to link your initial Permanent Resident (PR) card application to an online account as this service is intended for clients who wish to link their application to replace or renew a PR card. Also, due to a system limitation, the status of your first card is not available through the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) online service.

However, we verified the information on file and are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with the PR card application. It is still within the regular processing times.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

If you do not receive more information or a decision by Month date, year, we invite you to contact us again by using the IRCC Web form available on our website.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."

kirribilliCN

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
The photo you sent for PPR is what they use for the card. They do send physical copies back with one attached to COPR and the other just by itself sitting in the envelop, which actually had me worried for a bit.

In terms of linking the application, use UCI and family name is probably the easiest way to go. Make sure the information you entered is consistent with what's in your passport (check upper and lower case letters as well.). Try different combinations, e.g. the place of birth written in my passport is the city where I was born, but when linking my application I had to use the province.
Interesting regarding photos, then they didn't like the photos for sure eh! Good to know regarding Province and place of birth while linking, I will give that a try and see if that works. Thanks for the info.

kirribilliCN

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017

You are the savior. After reading your post I typed the place of birth exactly as in passport and was able to link the app.

Reactions: ContactFront

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lol, nobody able to do the second PR landing

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Litterally.

Fact 1: Visa is one-time only. And when you landed as the PR you are PR. I can't not become non-PR, cross the border and land to become PR again. So everybody is first time landed immigrant.

Fact 2: People are able to link their PR card application

(1) + (2) => everybody should be able to link their PR card application.

Simple math. Hope it's clear.