+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My PR card expires and my family still in Toronto

jass89

May 31, 2009
Hi Need HelP

My PR card expires and my wife and son is in Toronto, I got British Passport, can i drive through US into canada by hiring car
can they stopped my entry into canada

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bring your expired PR card with you and explain to them that you have not been able to renew it but you will as soon as you arrive in Canada. They should not stop you from entering.

jass89

May 31, 2009
Thanks for the reply, sorry for not giving you the complete information

The stuation is that i did applied inspite of not completing the required time period and that too for citizen ship, thought that on the basis of my wife, they will renew
but they thought i have misguded them, there is no decison yet , thats why main worry
i told them clearly that under ignorence i did the mistake

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In that case I do not know what will happen but you have to try it out and see if they let you in. Why did you leave if you knew that your status was unclear?

Do you still have your expired PR card or other proof like copies of landing papers to prove that you are a PR?

jass89

May 31, 2009
Thanks for your reply,

Yes i got still my expired PR, but when they called me in feb in toronto , i told them clearly ,could not complete my time due to sickness of my daughter and Father but my wife and son got renewal and they still in toronto