+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My passport was damaged and VFS returned it back when I sent it from stamping

demonpreet

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hi!

I applied for TRV from the USA and it got approved and CIC asked for my passport.
I sent the passport but VFS returned it back, saying it was damaged.

I have submitted a new passport request but it will take 3 weeks for the new passport to arrive.

My question is since we only get 30 days to submit our passport once our application is approved, how do I notify IRCC that I need some extra time so that they don't reject my application?
Has anyone shared the similar situation, and might have some advice for me.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi!

I applied for TRV from the USA and it got approved and CIC asked for my passport.

I have submitted a new passport request but it will take 3 weeks for the new passport to arrive.

My question is since we only get 30 days to submit our passport once our application is approved, how do I notify IRCC that I need some extra time so that they don't reject my application?
Send in a webform indicating that your stamping was rejected because your passport was too damaged and that you have applied for a new passport. You will send in the new passport as soon as it arrives. I would specific you that it will take around a month.

demonpreet

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Send in a webform indicating that your stamping was rejected because your passport was too damaged and that you have applied for a new passport. You will send in the new passport as soon as it arrives. I would specific you that it will take around a month.
Thanks, @canuck78 for the response.

I have already raised a web form. The 30-day mark is coming in 6 days, but I still haven't heard anything from IRCC.
What happens if I don't hear back anything from IRCC and I hit the 30-day mark?

Rohan21

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015

I have already raised a web form. The 30-day mark is coming in 6 days, but I still haven't heard anything from IRCC.
Hi, I have the same issue. 30 days will end in 13 days (30th June), I raised the webfrom yesterday as soon I got my damaged passport but no response or acknowledgement yet. The problem is that my date for re-issue is for 4th July & I can only submit the passport by second week of July.

Please guide me & tell me what happened in your case.

Ecstasy21

Dec 29, 2020
Hi, I have the same issue. 30 days will end in 13 days (30th June), I raised the webfrom yesterday as soon I got my damaged passport but no response or acknowledgement yet. The problem is that my date for re-issue is for 4th July & I can only submit the passport by second week of July.

Hi @Rohan21 ,i am curious to know what happened. How did u mange to get another RFV mail. I am sailing In the same boat.
Correct me if I am wrong. Below are the steps after vfs sends back the passport without stamping.
1> notify ircc via web form
2> apply for new passport
3> once u get new passport, send the scanned copy of all pages to ircc via webform like u did in the first place while submitting the application.
How quickly does ircc verify the new passport?
After this did u get new RFV email?
Please let me know, I am really concerned about this as to how to proceed further.

++ @legalfalcon

Ecstasy21

Dec 29, 2020

Hi @demonpreet ,i am curious to know what happened. How did u mange to get another RFV mail. I am sailing In the same boat.
Correct me if I am wrong. Below are the steps after vfs sends back the passport without stamping.
1> notify ircc via web form that passport was returned
3> once u get new passport, send the scanned copy of all pages to ircc via webform like u did in the first place while submitting the application.

How quickly does ircc verify the new passport?
After this did u get new RFV email?
Please let me know, I am really concerned about this as to how to proceed further.

Ecstasy21

Dec 29, 2020
Hi @canuck78 I am going through the same thing.
please Correct me if I am wrong. Below are the steps after vfs sends back the passport without stamping.

1> notify ircc via web form that passport was returned and visa not stamped
3> once i get a new passport, do I send the scanned copy of all pages to ircc via webform as we did in the first place while submitting the application. or the new passport can be sent to VFS global for visa stamping?

If it is directly to be sent to vfs global then i think it will be all ok however if we got to send it to the IRCC notifying the new passport number and all pages scanned then How quickly does ircc verify the new passport?
After this do they send new RFV email?
Please let me know, I am really concerned about this and dont know how to proceed further.

thank you for taking out time to address our queires.
Thank you !

ryvinson

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
please Correct me if I am wrong. Below are the steps after vfs sends back the passport without stamping.

3> once i get a new passport, do I send the scanned copy of all pages to ircc via webform as we did in the first place while submitting the application. or the new passport can be sent to VFS global for visa stamping?

If it is directly to be sent to vfs global then i think it will be all ok however if we got to send it to the IRCC notifying the new passport number and all pages scanned then How quickly does ircc verify the new passport?
Please let me know, I am really concerned about this and dont know how to proceed further.

Thank you !
#3. Forward scanned new passport to IRCC, and wait for instructions.

KaranB

Jul 16, 2019
Hi, my passport was also returned without stamp due to damage reason. Getting a new passport will take time. Will I get extension after submitting the web form? Thanks in advance for response.

KaranB

Jul 16, 2019

Hi, kindly provide information on what happened to your case?

KaranB

Jul 16, 2019

Thank you !
Hi, kindly provide information about your case?

KaranB

Jul 16, 2019
Hi!

Hi, can you inform what happened in your case? Thanks in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, my passport was also returned without stamp due to damage reason. Getting a new passport will take time. Will I get extension after submitting the web form? Thanks in advance for response.
Send a webform indicating that your passport was returned because it was damaged and that you are applying for a new passport. Once received you will send in the new passport as soon as possible. If you have a specific time frame for receiving your new passport I would specify. You won’t receive a response for quite a while but I wouldn’t worry. As long you are getting your new passport as soon as possible that’s all you can do and is a reasonable reason why your submission time has been delayed.

KaranB

Jul 16, 2019
Send a webform indicating that your passport was returned because it was damaged and that you are applying for a new passport. Once received you will send in the new passport as soon as possible. If you have a specific time frame for receiving your new passport I would specify. You won’t receive a response for quite a while but I wouldn’t worry. As long you are getting your new passport as soon as possible that’s all you can do and is a reasonable reason why your submission time has been delayed.
Hi, thanks a lot for your reply.

Reactions: canuck78