+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My landing experience at Toronto Pearson

YvChakaChaka

Jan 15, 2016
Hi all, just thought I should share my brief landing experience like many before me did on this forum. So I became a PR today, after almost 24hours of travel to get to Toronto. I was exhausted on arrival and just wanted to get the whole process over with.

The IO took a look at my immigration documents and passport with attached visa, asked me a few questions then read me my rights as a PR. After congratulating me, he sent me to go get my social insurance number, which I did in under 10 minutes; After that I headed to customs to present my goods accompanying and goods to follow lists which were already filled and printed in 2 copies each. They were stamped in practically 1 minute. Don't forget to attach printed colour pictures of your valuable jewelry!

So that's it, it was all done in less than 30 minutes. Oh I almost forgot, bring a warm coat in case you're from a hot weather country because it's seriously chilly here in my opinion

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
YvChakaChaka said:
Hi all, just thought I should share my brief landing experience like many before me did on this forum. So I became a PR today, after almost 24hours of travel to get to Toronto. I was exhausted on arrival and just wanted to get the whole process over with.

The IO took a look at my immigration documents and passport with attached visa, asked me a few questions then read me my rights as a PR. After congratulating me, he sent me to go get my social insurance number, which I did in under 10 minutes; After that I headed to customs to present my goods accompanying and goods to follow lists which were already filled and printed in 2 copies each. They were stamped in practically 1 minute. Don't forget to attach printed colour pictures of your valuable jewelry!

So that's it, it was all done in less than 30 minutes. Oh I almost forgot, bring a warm coat in case you're from a hot weather country because it's seriously chilly here in my opinion
You're welcome to Canada, no doubt you will flourish and do well here. Since you're in Toronto, I could look you up one of these days and share my expereinces with you. All the best ahead :)

YvChakaChaka

Jan 15, 2016
Pipis Husband said:
You're welcome to Canada, no doubt you will flourish and do well here. Since you're in Toronto, I could look you up one of these days and share my expereinces with you. All the best ahead :)
Thanks!!!