+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My FSW application turns 8 year old today

affectee2004

Star Member
May 6, 2012
have u done any case specific inquiry ? i did after june descion and they gave same reply they are undergoing background checks.as i asked them to tell me the exact status of my application . now how one can believe on these ppl . i like biggest blunder in history . just pray we all get positive outcome our more than 8 year old applications.
dear noman , any news from cic abt ure app ?

noon

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2004
Doc's Request.
11-10-2008
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-07-2004
IELTS Request
november 2006
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
I think it is waived
Hi affectee2004,

They give replies to case specific enquiry only when your application is older than the visa processing time they show in their website. I did a CSE when visa processing time in Newdelhi showed 84 months and my application was 86 months old . They replied me that my application is awaiting initial review by a visa officer . Your case will not be processed in 2011 or 2012 because we received more cases under new MI and they exceed our processing limits and they reflect current labour market needs (though I clearly specified that I am a "29 demand professional".Also they did not ask me to apply under new MI 3). If you withdraw your application you 'may be' eligible for refund.

I was asked to submit updated documents in oct 2008. Some applicants who updated their documents contacted New delhi for withdrawal and they were denied return of processing fees because processing has already begun on their applications.Many applicants especially Islamabad(transferred to London) applicants who got the same reply received medicals within months.CIC send replies without looking in to specific cases eventhough they call it 'case specific enquiry'.

Last week I did a CSE,when my application once again crossed their timeline(96 months as opposed to 95 months in the CIC website). This time I requested them not to send me machine made replies because my application is 8 year old. They may reply within a month. I will share any information If I am lucky to get it.

Wishing miracles and luck and Divine intervention to all our cases

affectee2004

Star Member
May 6, 2012
dear noon , my case was transfered from ibd to london in 2010 i got updates but no medical request t date . i m a physician but as its a game of fate . but i m praying and waiting for positive outcome :(.wish u good luck.

noon

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2004
Doc's Request.
11-10-2008
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-07-2004
IELTS Request
november 2006
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
I think it is waived
Today My Case Specific Enquiry turns 23 days old :(

hopefulever

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDLS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2004
Doc's Request.
Nov 2008
Hi noon, I also applied in july 2004 from ND. Pl inform the contents of repoly when ever you receive. I also sent case enquiry last month but nothing responded.

noon

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2004
Doc's Request.
11-10-2008
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-07-2004
IELTS Request
november 2006
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
I think it is waived
@hopefulever

Glad to meet a person having the same time line like mine. But I am equally sad to see one more New Delhi sufferer like me.

Do you know why they didnt respond??

They will respond to CSE only if your waiting time exceeds the normal processing time. They increased the normal processing time of ND to 97 months , 2 days before. So we both fall under 97 months and it is very much normal :-X
So I don't expect any reply from them.

I have a suggestion to you and all other backloggers(I really hate this term). You can update your profiles using the options in this forum and add the date of application, AOR date ,Visa office ,NOC etc to your IDs so that everyone can see it on your posts. This gives idea about who all are sailing in which all boats from which all directions and people having the same timeline like me and you can keep an eye on each others case progress.

Fed up,Frustrated and waiting again..........

tdr

Apr 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2006
Doc's Request.
20-11-2009
Nomination.....
10-01-2010
AOR Received.
15-06-2006
Med's Request
waiting 4 ever
hi all!
is there any miracle?
:( :( :(

but the oracle can clearly smell that there is no miracle yet.....

:'(

affectee2004

Star Member
May 6, 2012
no news of any kind ....they dont answer anything clearly .i dont understand what cic is upto ? :mad:.is there any news about class action suit ,any progress .will it change the fate of pre2008 applicants . ??? ??? ??? ??? :eek:

noon

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2004
Doc's Request.
11-10-2008
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-07-2004
IELTS Request
november 2006
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
I think it is waived
Hi affectee,

you were lucky to get a positive reply to your case specific enquiry that they are doing your background checks. For many Islamabad applicants I have seen the BG checks taking one year or so even after they did medicals. Then they issue remedicals and things will go faster. Or if you have travel history outside your home country that can also be a reason for long BG checks.
Here arises another question. How can they complete BG checks and issue visa to MI3 applicants of all visa offices within 3 months or 1 years????

My application is running 8 years and one and half months.
I send a CSE on August 1 .
I am daily checking my email for the last 44 days but no reply so far :-X.

may God walk with us along this thorny stony path

affectee2004

Star Member
May 6, 2012
hi noon , lucky ::) hmmm after more than 8 years ?well the thing bothering me is that i ve not recieved medical request once ,and BACK G CHECKS are more than a year now .so i am worried and you are ver right that they do bg checks for fast track in 4 months .thats why i think the cic is interested in collecting money not in imigration :mad: our profession is still in demand although on grounds it very very difficult to get in their system even after clearing their licencing exams . :'(.we can do nothing except prayers and can share and support in this forum with the ppl in same boat , but i think everyone is in confusion and cant make any guess .our bad luck that person like kenny . came with his unethical policy and became their imigration min, to take many precious years of youth from people all around world .i dont understand that how he get these kind of brilliant ideas to hang people and nobody stops him from ruining people lives .how in a civalized world a country like canada can backout from their promise.A FAIR SYSTEM :p .exceedind time line from 3 years to more than 8 years and than thinking of throwing our dreams in a garbage . . u can understand my grief . :)

Badal789

Nov 29, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2006
IELTS Request
30-11-2009
tdr said:
HI ALL MELANCHOLIC BACKLOGGERS!!!

I am just sharing the fate of a 6 years old file..............which I have got from a very recent communication with the CIC Singapore........the news is just only 1 week old............ so today I have lost the last hope regarding my FSW application which I filed on june 2006..........today I have become free from all bondage with the dribbling CIC which always dragged me back for last 6 years long.............. :mad:

:( :(...........Thank you for your enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in Singapore.

Canadian Federal Budget 2012 proposed to terminate applications and return fees paid by certain Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) applicants who applied prior to February 27, 2008. This proposal was introduced in Parliament and has now become law. Citizenship & Immigration Canada (CIC) is preparing to close FSW files if applicants:
applied before February 27, 2008; and
have not had a decision made by an immigration officer based on FSW program selection criteria before March 29, 2012.
A decision based on selection criteria means that an immigration officer:
has assessed the FSW application against the points grid, and
has made a decision on whether or not the applicant meets the selection criteria of the program.
The application about which you are enquiring was received by CIC prior to February 27, 2008. As of March 29, 2012, no decision had been made based on the selection criteria.

CIC will return fees paid for applications that are closed under these provisions. The fee return process is currently being finalized, and will involve confirming up-to-date contact and payee information. CIC has set up a central task force based in Ottawa to handle the fee return process. More details will be posted on the CIC website as they become available: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/notice-qa.asp

Applicants whose files are closed by CIC may re-apply under the current FSW criteria or under any other immigration category for which they may be eligible. Those who have the skills Canada needs now will likely have their applications processed much more quickly. To find out more, visit the CIC website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp. CIC is focussing its resources on facilitating the arrival of skilled immigrants who apply under the current eligibility criteria. New FSW applications are processed within 12 months.

We hope this information will be of assistance.
Sincerely,

Immigration Section | Section d'immigration
High Commission of Canada | Haut Commissariat du Canada
Singapore | Singapour
Facsimile | Télécopieur : (65) 6854-5874
Dear tdr,
My timeline is exactly same as yours. I sent CSI and got reply that my application is waiting to review by VO, instructions will be sent near future.
I got my CAIPS note and checked others for all PSDEC 1, date during 2010.
I recommend you to get CAIPS note to see if they made any mistake because some other applicants got refused letter but when informed they found the mistake.

noon

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2004
Doc's Request.
11-10-2008
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-07-2004
IELTS Request
november 2006
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
I think it is waived
Go on tdr .... order CAIPS .miracle may happen !!!!!!

noon

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2004
Doc's Request.
11-10-2008
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-07-2004
IELTS Request
november 2006
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
I think it is waived
Any 2004 new delhi applicants who got reply to case specific enquiry after june 29 2012 , please share..........

noon

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2004
Doc's Request.
11-10-2008
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-07-2004
IELTS Request
november 2006
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
I think it is waived
Today my permanent resdident application to Canada under FSW category turns 100 months old!!!!!!!!! :eek:

It completes 8.33 years today.

The day when I applied I witnessed many applicants who applied 4 years before were being granted visas. New Delhi Visa office told me to wait patiently and keep enquiries to the minimum so that they can process my file much faster.Now I see those who applied 8 years after me are being granted visas. What should I call this situation?? :-[

By waiting and waiting I get a RARE OPPORTUNITY to celebrate the "successful" completion of 100 months of my application.

O my dear application stay happy and healthy where ever you are. Take care of my original certificates and documents.

But I really wonder where are you today? ???

[size=10pt]
[/size]