+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Experience - AOR to COPR

olipearce1987

Feb 22, 2016
Hi All,

I have just got COPR and throughout the process had a lot of quotes and difficulties, so hopefully this will help someone or many! Please note though, this was my experience and may differ for others, pending on officer etc:

Medical:
My first major stumbling block was our medicals. So me and my partner went to do our medicals, I passed, but a week or so after taking them (before submitting our application) CIC contacted me about my partner, that she needed additional test.

I contacted the panel who did the medicals, and they checked and it was requested that my partner did a sputum test and a 3 month x-ray, as the original x-ray showed possible abnormalities.

It turned out, my partner could not produce sputum (no cough etc) so CIC said to do a 6 month x-ray instead.

After 6 months had passed, we did her second x-ray, a week or so later her medical was set to passed.

Please note, in the mean time, our application did progress, but could not be approved until this was done.

ECA:
So my ECA report showed:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY

Two diplomas (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)
However, this was another area I was not sure of as my actual education was a 2 year college course, leading into another 2 year college course which was then topped up to a degree in 1 year.

So even though I did not do a 3 year course and another, I still got points for 2 or more. I was advised by a immigration consultant that if the summary listed 2 or more, to put that, which I did and got the points.

Funds:
I simple got a bank statement from the bank, which was stamped and signed. I only sent my one bank account, which showed the funds for 6 months. I did not declare my house, any other bank accounts, credit cards or my car loan.

LOE:
I also sent a letter of explanation, in this I detailed things such as old passport and stamps, so many months of pay stubs also (to go with experience letter) and also an online bank statement, so they could see a greater history of my bank transactions (longer than 6 months).

I got PPR about 2-3 weeks after the medical was passed for my partner and got COPR today.

If anyone has any questions or wants more details please let me know.

hope this helps.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hi All,

I have just got COPR and throughout the process had a lot of quotes and difficulties, so hopefully this will help someone or many! Please note though, this was my experience and may differ for others, pending on officer etc:

Medical:
My first major stumbling block was our medicals. So me and my partner went to do our medicals, I passed, but a week or so after taking them (before submitting our application) CIC contacted me about my partner, that she needed additional test.

I contacted the panel who did the medicals, and they checked and it was requested that my partner did a sputum test and a 3 month x-ray, as the original x-ray showed possible abnormalities.

It turned out, my partner could not produce sputum (no cough etc) so CIC said to do a 6 month x-ray instead.

After 6 months had passed, we did her second x-ray, a week or so later her medical was set to passed.

Please note, in the mean time, our application did progress, but could not be approved until this was done.

ECA:
So my ECA report showed:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY

Two diplomas (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)
However, this was another area I was not sure of as my actual education was a 2 year college course, leading into another 2 year college course which was then topped up to a degree in 1 year.

So even though I did not do a 3 year course and another, I still got points for 2 or more. I was advised by a immigration consultant that if the summary listed 2 or more, to put that, which I did and got the points.

Funds:
I simple got a bank statement from the bank, which was stamped and signed. I only sent my one bank account, which showed the funds for 6 months. I did not declare my house, any other bank accounts, credit cards or my car loan.

LOE:
I also sent a letter of explanation, in this I detailed things such as old passport and stamps, so many months of pay stubs also (to go with experience letter) and also an online bank statement, so they could see a greater history of my bank transactions (longer than 6 months).

I got PPR about 2-3 weeks after the medical was passed for my partner and got COPR today.

If anyone has any questions or wants more details please let me know.

hope this helps.
Dear olipearce1987,
Few months earlier I have asked you about ECA and you did answer my queries. I wasn't ready that time, but now I am going to start my process. I had been in London, UK for 7 years and completed all my education from there. I did HND in Computing, and later did Top Up from a University. Now, for ECA I need to send transcript request to Edexcel. How do i do this? I've checked their website and found on the top menu bar, Support->Replacement certificates->Online application for replacement certificate.

1. Now, my question is, we need to send mark-sheet/transcript/notification of performance to WES through edexcel Not Certificate, then how do I request that? Please let me know the steps to request Edexcel mark sheet/transcript/notification of performance.

2. In WES application form and EE profile what did you put for HND study institute? the actual college name or Edexcel?

I would highly appreciate your kind reply