+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MY CIC - work permit forms not available??

sabc

Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2015
Nomination.....
12-02-2015
AOR Received.
15-05-2015
Hello everyone,

I am having issues with MY CIC, I want to extend my work permit and every time I do the quiz on MY CIC it keeps giving me "temporary resident visa". I've done the quiz several times with different answers and it keeps coming up with the same result. Is anyone else having this issue? I also have a CEC application uploaded. Could this be causing the issue??

Much appreciated.

prayfor2013

Nov 29, 2013
Hello sabc, I got exactly the same problem here... I've tried millions of times since yesterday and I am getting tired :mad: :mad: :mad:

Find out if you're eligible to apply

Modify my Answers

What would you like to do in Canada?

Work

How long are you planning to stay in Canada?

Temporarily - more than 6 months

What is the country/territory of your passport?

China

What is your current country/territory of residence? If you are presently in Canada, you should select Canada.

Canada

Do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older?

No

What is your date of birth?

xx xxxxx,

Are you a permanent resident of the United States and have your alien registration card (Green Card) or other proof of permanent residence?

No

Modify my Answers

What is your current immigration status in Canada?

Worker

Modify my Answers

Modify my Answers

Does one of the following apply to you? •I am subject of a removal order that is unenforceable•I applied for a study or work permit before entering Canada which was approved, but not issued at a port of entry; or•I am a primary or secondary student with visitor status in Canada; or•I am a visiting or exchange student with visitor status in Canada; or•I am a student who has completed a program of study that is a prerequisite to my enrolment at a designated learning institution with visitor status in Canada; or•I applied for permanent residence to an office in-Canada and was determined to be eligible for permanent resident status (first stage approval).

No

Are you are a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who: •Holds a Work Permit for a job in National Occupation Classification O, A, B;•Holds a study permit and is a full-time student at a university, community college, CÉGEP or other authorized educational institution;•Holds a Temporary Resident Permit that is valid for six months or more;•Applied for Permanent Residence to an office in Canada and was determined to be eligible for Permanent Resident status (first stage approval)•Is subject of a removal order that is unenforceable.

No

Are you a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who is: •a foreign government officer in Canada on an exchange agreement•a military personnel assigned to Canada•a participant in professional sports activities or events•an employee of a foreign news company•a religious worker

No

Are you a NAFTA trader, investor, intra-company transferee or professional?

No

Modify my Answers

Modify my Answers

What is your marital status?

Never Married/Single

What is your province of destination? If visiting multiple provinces, select the one in which you will be spending most of your time.

Alberta

sabc

Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2015
Nomination.....
12-02-2015
AOR Received.
15-05-2015
Its so annoying. Did you put in a CEC application? I m thinking it affects the work permit application....

prayfor2013

Nov 29, 2013
sabc said:
Its so annoying. Did you put in a CEC application? I m thinking it affects the work permit application....
No, actually this is my first time using CIC online service. I don't think this is something related to your CEC application as I didn't apply online for any other programs but still got the same problem...

sabc

Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2015
Nomination.....
12-02-2015
AOR Received.
15-05-2015
When it leads up to TRV did you continue the quiz? If you click continue there are more questions. Let me know if you have any luck with that.

prayfor2013

Nov 29, 2013
sabc said:
When it leads up to TRV did you continue the quiz? If you click continue there are more questions. Let me know if you have any luck with that.
Yes, i continued the quiz till the final personal checklist with code came up, and I got stuck there because we can't use the TRV checklist for work permit extension...

i tried few times this morning, still the same T.T

sabc

Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2015
Nomination.....
12-02-2015
AOR Received.
15-05-2015
ugh thats annoying. I guess we have to do paper.

darxider

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
they have apparently recently changed something in their system, so now if you choose "temporary resident visa holder" instead of "worker", you'll get an option to extend your work permit at the end!

prayfor2013

Nov 29, 2013
darxider said:
they have apparently recently changed something in their system, so now if you choose "temporary resident visa holder" instead of "worker", you'll get an option to extend your work permit at the end!
Thank you so much DARXIDER!!! I tried again following your instruction and I finally got the work permit extension checklist!!! :) :) :)

sabc

Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2015
Nomination.....
12-02-2015
AOR Received.
15-05-2015
Hi everyone, thanks for your replies. I've managed to generate the OWP option, however i noticed that there isn't any upload box for the pnp nomination certificate or current wp. So i just uploaded under "letter of explanation". Anyone else do the same thing or did you have the other upload options? Thanks!