+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Chances of Admission- Needs feedback Urgent......

ish11

Jul 8, 2014
Hi all members, I am From Nepal
I have the following Credentials:

Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering ( 67.16 % marks) - A 4 year course
Diploma in Civil Engineering (71.50 % marks) - A 3 year course after secondary schooling ( grade 10)
3 years of work experience in Civil Engineering Construction work
TOEFL- 89 ( R-21,L-26,S-18,W-24)
GRE - 304 ( Quantitative - 158, Verbal- 146, Analytical - 3.5) if necessary
I need to apply for the earliest Intake that I could get.

Now My Question is: What are my chances to get admission in Master Degree of Civil Engineering ( M Sc/ M.Eng., any) in Canadian University?
Suggestions and Feedbacks required please..
Thanks...

poorni

Apr 11, 2014
You have pretty good chances but make sure you have a strong sop. And try applying to atleast one University where u can easily get admission into rather than applying for all top universities..... Gud luck :)

ish11

Jul 8, 2014
poorni said:
You have pretty good chances but make sure you have a strong sop. And try applying to atleast one University where u can easily get admission into rather than applying for all top universities..... Gud luck :)
@ poorni, thanks for your reply and encouragement. would you please tell me some university names in which I could easily get an admission?

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
ish11 said:
@ poorni, thanks for your reply and encouragement. would you please tell me some university names in which I could easily get an admission?
McGill
Uni of Toronto
UBC
Waterloo
Queen's Uni, etc...

You can find further from web or from here: http://www.aucc.ca/canadian-universities/

ish11

Jul 8, 2014
usman_14pk said:
McGill
Uni of Toronto
UBC
Waterloo
Queen's Uni, etc...

You can find further from web or from here: http://www.aucc.ca/canadian-universities/
Thanks Usman. But I am applying through a consultancy and they are arguing that they can only to the selected colleges or universities that are on their list. Could you suggest me some reasonable universities too in the field of civil Engineering.

mizan776

Jan 27, 2014
Muscat, Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
Med's Request
Exempted
Med's Done....
Exempted
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
21-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-08-2014
Consultants will only work with colleges they have tie up with. Why don't you apply your own? Use this website to find out which universities have your program www.aucc.ca

poorni

Apr 11, 2014
I have a 7 in ielts, 71 in engn mech, and 300 in gre and a 4yr experience... with dat i could only secure admins from concordia and windsor universities. got rejected in ryerson.
So its better u apply for 2 good universities 2 mediocre and 1 easily approvable university.
thats only if u desperately wana study in canada.
U better ask ur consultant to suggest you university lists based on ur credentials and if they are not rdy to just change ur consultant coz they need to apply according to ur interests
GUD LUCK

ish11

Jul 8, 2014
poorni said:
I have a 7 in ielts, 71 in engn mech, and 300 in gre and a 4yr experience... with dat i could only secure admins from concordia and windsor universities. got rejected in ryerson.
So its better u apply for 2 good universities 2 mediocre and 1 easily approvable university.
thats only if u desperately wana study in canada.
U better ask ur consultant to suggest you university lists based on ur credentials and if they are not rdy to just change ur consultant coz they need to apply according to ur interests
GUD LUCK
Thanks poorni for sharing your info here. My consultant i.e. CANAM is advising me to apply either Memorial University, University of Regina, Windsor University, Clareton University, Lakehead University and the colleges in Ontario with whom they have ties. I asked them to apply for University of Sasketchewan, University of Manitoba, University of BC but they are not eager to apply on my behalf. So would your please help to list some university where I can get admission easily.

ish11

Jul 8, 2014
mizan776 said:
Consultants will only work with colleges they have tie up with. Why don't you apply your own? Use this website to find out which universities have your program www.aucc.ca
Thanks Mizan for sharing the info but I have already visited that website earlier. I just here need some info from the members help me locate some economical universities and where I can get admission easily with my Credentials.

mizan776

Jan 27, 2014
Muscat, Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
Med's Request
Exempted
Med's Done....
Exempted
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
21-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-08-2014
Well the easiest according to me was U of Windsor. I could only get into that. cheers.

poorni

Apr 11, 2014
ish11 said:
Thanks poorni for sharing your info here. My consultant i.e. CANAM is advising me to apply either Memorial University, University of Regina, Windsor University, Clareton University, Lakehead University and the colleges in Ontario with whom they have ties. I asked them to apply for University of Sasketchewan, University of Manitoba, University of BC but they are not eager to apply on my behalf. So would your please help to list some university where I can get admission easily.
as far as i know u can easily get into windsor cause the acceptance rate is more for that univ, clareton is also easy to get an admissn, lakehead is a moderate univ, memorial is also moderate, queens is a risky univ, univ of ontario is easy

ish11

Jul 8, 2014
Thanks Mizan and poorni for your superb info. I am going to try for University of Regina. What you think of my chances there? Have you both applied to that University before? Please Share your info along with your academic details which ease me in my application. Thanks.

mizan776

Jan 27, 2014
Muscat, Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
Med's Request
Exempted
Med's Done....
Exempted
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
21-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-08-2014
BSc in EEE CGPA 3.43 which is 84% in my institute
MSc in EE GPA 3.00 which is 70%

Got rejects from Waterloo, Mcmaster, Calgary, Guelph, Regina. :-[ :-[ Only accepted at Windsor. :)

ish11

Jul 8, 2014
mizan776 said:
BSc in EEE CGPA 3.43 which is 84% in my institute
MSc in EE GPA 3.00 which is 70%

Got rejects from Waterloo, Mcmaster, Calgary, Guelph, Regina. :-[ :-[ Only accepted at Windsor. :)
Thanks for sharing your academic info. What about your work experience, TOEFL/ IELTS score, your department of application and the intake which you applied for?

mizan776

Jan 27, 2014
Muscat, Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
Med's Request
Exempted